Saturday, August 05, 2006

TOm yam in a rice pot


Woo hoo!

Baru makan tom-yam prawns.
Suria's been dreaming of eating prawns since monday so today before leaving BJ we bought prawns (so expensive for a place surrounded by sea), carrots, tomatoes, chillis and an onion. And of course the tom-yam flavouring, obviously we needed the pre-mixed paste.
We cooked it in an illegal rice cooker...
*shhhhhh!*
Not ours, but borrowed from someone who says bah alot, mostly at the end of her sentences.
Actually, rice cookers are so handy. But big and bulky.

Tomorrow i hope to go look-see at the PC Fair happening this weekend in Penang. Should've gone today la, dang...It'll be jam packed tmr, chaos..Somemore the bus ride there and back will be torture. Nevermind lah. Just hope its worth the ride.

Its almost a month now of me being here. I'm forgetting many things, which is good in a way. But its also scary cause when i forget, i do things because i cant remember certain things with the clarity and sharpness as before.

Today someone from PKA called me up and asked me out for lunch next week. I was quite reluctant to say yes, as it seemed fishy. Its unusual for said person to call outta the blue. Annette tells me i shouldn't be so suspicious and paranoid. We'll just see. (i'm rarely wrong about these things)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust me, a good rice cooker is a lazy person's best friend. I used mine so much during uni...lets say I got high on my pot (rice pot). I could teach you a trick or two if you want.

queen shelby said...

Cannot la...
If i get caught with it in my room i'll get fined. We're not allowed any electrical items kettle, iron etc. THey say we might burn the hostel down...
Cant imagine how though...

Hasten said...

Once, Yuen Thern, some of his friends, and I had a steamboat in our Tekun room! Fantastic... The whole room smelled of steamboat for a whole night! Hahaha...

I invited Chris and Mervin also... But they dowan... Action :)