Monday, August 14, 2006

Random stuff

indulgence?
an inability to resist the gratification of whims and desires














Important note: Shoes on far left not mine, Suria's. And total for my 3 pairs were RM44. I think its a pretty good deal. =p



Over the weekend i was pretty busy, with my Saturday fully taken up by an English Seminar. As you can see, i was paying such close attention to what was going on. Monkey Andrew caught me in the act. Argh!















But the highlight was the guest speaker, Mano Maniam. He's the Uncle Chan in Kopitiam and been doing loads of different stuff in his 61years. He was talking about the Importance of Literature and Humanities in the working world.
I loved how he put certain terms, like "a doctor is just a tukang badan" and "an engineer is just a mechanic actually" . =p Very inspiring to hear him speak, he made us see that there's a whole world out there for us to explore, and not be afraid.






Isit just me or does it look like he's pinching my butt...







Did you ever have the feeling of dread, knowing that you must do something, but putting it off for as long as you can before confronting it ? Of course you have...And that's how i'm feeling now. The advice i've been getting is so difficult to follow, the kind where it will result badly. There must be an alternative...Or else i'll have no choice but do what i've gotta do. =(

10 comments:

siaosiao said...

Hehe ! SAw him before and spoke to him too ;) And he made fun of me, ish..

- wernjun

Anonymous said...

Must've been quite an experience meeting Mano Maniam, don't you think? The most famous person I've met before is Juwita Suwito, and I think she's really nice and down to earth. Her vocals are simply powerful and amazing.

On another note, nice shoes you got there, though they're not really my style. It is a good deal by the way.

Anonymous said...

OMG. You SO got your butt pinched by Uncle Chan. Er...congrats? I'll pretend to be envious if it makes you feel better...heh.

queen shelby said...

SS: He also made fun of me abit- about me being 100% Malaysian... =p

Yeah, Mano M was very earthly guy too, and super friendly. Making jokes and talking individually to all those who wanted a photo/autograph. Nvr heard Juwita S sing live though..

ahjef: I know you're jealous la... Kekeke. I'll ask Justin to pinch you next Sun, k?

-- J e e L e e -- said...

Sorry girl. But not only did he look as if he was pinching ur butt, but you actually look HAPPY in that pic. Now, that sounded so wrong!

Anonymous said...

Justin wouldn't be quite the same...
Needs to be an old indian man...haha...and there's only one in Church. We'll test run on you and see if it's the same...

imissw said...

butt pinching in church???? erm.... o....k......

oh, i have to agree wif jeelee's observation! LOL!

queen shelby said...

hee hee hee
Can it be the only indian uncle in church's son instead ar? =p
No need test run one, go straight for the kill.
And for Chinese guy's sake do it outside the church compound ya...

I was happy cause he just told a JOKE la... (or did he...)

Anonymous said...

Shelby's happy cuz Uncle Chan gave her the Sirim approval sticker after the pinch. Haha!

Btw I'll notify R or R of their pinching duties. You just be ready.

a.h.t.i.n. said...

to me it really looks as if he's "more-or-less"-ting or pinching ur butt loh...