Wednesday, May 04, 2005

My Mr. Darcy Dream



Goodness I’m pathetic. Did the whole squealing, pillow-hugging, grin from ear-to-ear thing. Just watched Bridget Jones 2, long overdue (4 months)as I was supposed to watch it BEFORE I went for RBS, then never got round to getting the DVD, but a kind friend somehow got it and dropped it in my mailbox earlier this evening. For those that don’t know, and I’m sure you all don’t, I LOVE Bridget Jones...Not just the movies, but the book's are brilliant! I can just relate to her SO much. I took the Edge of Reason with me to RBS, and I’m so glad I did. Gave me an outlet when I needed it.

I must say though for some reason, the first movie was better than the first book, but the second book was way better than the movie that was made...I wonder why... Maybe cause it didn’t have the same killer lines like the first one had. These two are my fav. --->
Mark Darcy: I like you.
Bridget Jones: Oh, sure, if it weren't for the smoking, and the verbal diarrhea...
Mark Darcy: No, I like you. Just as you are.

and

Bridget Jones: Wait a minute... nice boys don't kiss like that.
Mark Darcy: Oh, yes, they ****ing do.

My buddy Marilyn is also a B.Jones fan and we watched the ending over and over and over...about 7times I think...I cant help it, I’m a hopeless romantic...kekeke..Sadly she's away Down Under, so I watched no. 2 all alone. As much as I tell myself its not possible, I do still want the whole knight in shining armour thing,my Mr Darcy...or will i settle for not so shining, Daniel Cleaver...My practical, down to earth side tells me it’ll never happen, so don’t bother hoping. I admit I’m cynical and pessimistic when it comes to this issue, which is bad. Cause I close doors before they're even opened. And I’m stubborn, so I won’t allow room for thought.

Will end here. Dowan to start getting deep into it.
But there's always hope.
For my Mark Darcy.

*its half time, Liverpool 1 , Chelsea 0... Come on you Reds!!!*

Me pak tor-ing with my husband/wife in Spore

5 comments:

-- J e e L e e -- said...

Remember how we alwiz say that u're mine and i'm yours...and how we alwiz go round arguing, "i'm the husband" and u'll go "no, I'm the husband" and i'll go "NOO, I'm the husband shelby, U're the wife"..and den, ppl will look at us and wonder what we're talking about and den we just drop the whole conversation and just laugh! hahah.....
Well, i guess....we're both in the same boat...dreaming but yet cynical and pessimistic about mr.darcy! and our stubborness closes door as well. The oni difference is that u prob got more hope than i do! Hahaha...Anyway, God will have Mr.Close-to-Perfect for us!! So, dont give up hope..hahah

:)

cheers...i'll be back SOON!!!

oh btw, wat was the score? i went and tidur coz kononnya wanted to send James off. U remember James? yeah...but i over-slept. What's new rite??

-- J e e L e e -- said...

Woohoo!!! U editted ur post by inserting a pic of us!!! Haha....It's funny....I'm too short for u! But, cute..can't believe u actually still have that pic with u...haha...and u actually posted it! OMy Goodness!!! hahah

cayden's mommy said...

so cute la u 2. but it's pretty obvious that both r "nue ren"!!

cayden's mommy said...

oh yeah! 1 more thing. in the midst of waiting for your mark darcy beware of the daniel cleaver who's waiting to rip your heart out. the wound may heal but it will leave a scar for life!

queen shelby said...

yea lah, Jee Lee...why you dunno how to make it look real...Maybe you should've grabbed my butt or something, looks like u were trying to anyway...shy? hahahaha...
Mmm-hmm. Thats what i fear. A Daniel Cleaver in disguise. And a deep wound as a souvenir.