Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Mother's Day

Spent the whole day with mom ystr.
Started out bad, then good, then bad , then good and ended baddish,but good also la...

First bad. Went to post office to pay bills. Realized she hadnt taken the right bills. I had to sort them out so many times before getting the right ones. Went into the post office to get a number 3times cause i kept missing my turn. Once paid went home again to locate missing bills. By then too late to go back and pay,so left them for another day.

Good - Went for a free buffet lunch n Sunway hotel...My mom had vouchers. Got there few minutes before it started, and the place was pretty empty. So when the guy came over n said, "Lunch has started" or whatever, off we went. I took lamb...it was SO good, then tried bits of everything else. At times like these i wonder how come on normal days , i can be so hungry n just wanna eat non stop, but buffets there's the limit to what my stomache can take...? Each plate of food i took, i also took a dessert...For those that dunno, buffets to me are for 2 things, the lamb and the desserts. And there was one hazelnut cream thing that was just so yummy.
Who needs guys when you have desserts that are so satisfying...hehehe..
Stuffed myself for about 2hours, then realized we were gonna be late to watch ...

...Star Wars 3! Yup, i took my mom to watch it. We had to speed walk from sunway hotel, to tgv for a 2pm show, and it was already 2pm...I was counting n the ads to take up time, but thankfully as my mom stepped into the cinema, it was just before the start where music n scrolling script comes in. I would've kicked myself if she missed it. She enjoyed it, only bad remark was final fight was too long it became boring. And i agree.

Next bad. Once over, she tells me she's gotta go to Sheraton Hotel, SUBANG (yucks), to discusss some stuff for work. By then it was pouring of rain, and Sunway parking lot only can exit to one direction,which was the opposite of where we wanted to go. I was getting grumpy cause of the jam and the fact i had to tag along with her for work stuff. Bah, in Sheraton spent 10mins waiting for the stupid fella to come. Horrible la, turns out he was right there the whole time, chatting with other hotel staff. Then when my mom was trying to explain stuff to him, he looked uninterested and was not helpful in anyway. I got so annoyed with him , and wanted to tell mom to just leave.Stupid subang ppl.. Oh,at that point out of boredom, i called someone and found out that i ter-woke him..sorry again ya. But i vow from now on i wont ever call ppl unless i know for sure they're not sleeping. Its sucks la, i always call and get the "...mmm?...hmmm...? yeah,wat you want..i was sleeping.." Lucky ppl that can take evening naps...After finally leaving the hotel to go home, got stuck in a jam cause of rain n rush hour. I dont think i need to say how i feel about Subang. Should be pretty clear.

After getting outta SJ, and back near home, my mood lifted n wasnt so crabby. Dropped of something at my bro's office, where me n mom wound down the car window n memalukan-ed him in front of gym members. Got home and....

No Astro. Had been disconnected. Called them up, i explained we got the bill today, and paid today blah blah ..the girl said ok , will reconnect in 24hours. My mom wast satisfied, so i called back, spoked to some other dungu n halfway through my mom took over, came out with all the "we're been customers for years..." "paying regularly..." "never happened before.." blah blah, and i was thinking whats the point, still the same wat, but when she put down the phone, mum said will be reconnected within the next hour.... Man, i gotta learn how she does it.

My "bad" ending was she ordered me to my room to go clear it up. My rooms a mess i dont even know where to start. So i huffed upstairs, and read a book instead. Terrible of me, i know. After shower came downstairs Astro was back, but mom asked if room was done,i said no. So she gave me that look, and i said yes i'm going back up, but tired so going to bed. So yst slept b4 12 n up today at 9...ahhhh,lovely long sleep.

Although there were fights, arguments, annoyance...and all that, had a great day with my mom. Wish i could do it more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

trust me, u'll look back to this day (or yesterday, rather) wif fond memories. it's not so much wat was done (or wat wasnt done) but doing (or not doing) it together that matters.

make sense do i? confusing thots i seem to have!

as for astro, be thankful! when we call them, we get put on hold foreva!!!! yes, 45 mins oso got - until we get fed-up and hang up.

subang - wat can i say? it must have really wonderful people here that makes u come here again and again and again despite it being such a horrible, rite? ;-P

~the one who sleeps in the evenings~