Monday, May 16, 2005

Sunday Mornings, Sunday Nights


Spent whole of Sunday out of the house.
This Sunday I brought my co-worker Jason to Life Chapel, cause his church no service that morning. He was scared to go...Why? Scared people would stare at him, make comments, look disapprovingly...I thought that was so so sad. Why should any person, or Christian for that matter, not feel welcome in God's house. Or even THINK that they won’t feel welcome. It’s just so wrong. Anyway, he did come, and later he got a dose of TLC's warm friendly members. Although his first time meeting some, I think he enjoyed himself in his own way. Joined us the whole day till 4.

So anyways, after church went for breakfast, and without realizing, sat talking till almost 1pm! It’s terrible, we just would talk and talk and when we die down, someone'll come out with something else and start a whole new round of topics. Jason actually commented in amazement that "You all just talk and talk and talk...! Cannot stop for even one minute!" But when asked, he said he liked my bunch of friends, so.... =)

At first planned to go for YAF, but obviously that didn’t happen...My bad. But for me YAF is the wrong time. My Sunday's have always been my free days, a day when I have no plans. I just feel the yaf timing sucks. It starts too early to go for breakfast and ends late. Late. Late. I'd like to say always, but fine, 99% of the time it drags on and ends ... LATE Dowanna get into my YAF thoughts at the moment.

We then decide to go to the flea market in AmCorp Mall, just to jalan jalan. Discovered a shop that had flowy, tie up pants. It was HILARIOUS! Firstly, we had no IDEA how to wear them, so the shop lady showed us. Then we all wore it on TOP of the pants we were already wearing...yes, idiots we are. After almost 1/2 an hour there, with the guys rolling their eyes, bored to death and being the bag holders, we all left the shop empty handed. Luckily, shop keeper lady was really nice woman.
When Jee Lee sent me home, we sat for 2hours in her car talking. It was great. I'm so happy things haven’t changed.

Another 2hours later, went for dinner with Ah San n Jee Lee...And then to the Kepong pasar malam. I realize that most night markets have exactly the same things...same food, same stalls, even same ppl probably...
Back at home, ended my day by playing online pool and pictionary. Drawing using mouse is SO difficult, and I laughed myself silly seeing the drawings that we did.Only in the wee hours of the morning can you draw all sorts of nonsense.

2 comments:

-- J e e L e e -- said...

Well, Ladee....esp after the drive to subang last nite (and plus the 2 hour talking session on sunday), i REALLY am glad that things have not changed. U can't imagine how i feel. I'm so worried that i'll turn kiasu (somehow)and being away frm home n friends, i do wonder how things will be when i'm back! Well, i was a bit disappointed when Joshua said " why shd ur name be in the church directory? U're no more a Life Chapel member wert! Even Sam Chak Ming comes to TLC more than u do!"
oh well....that happens...but i AM glad things havent changed between us and some others....and the ADDICTED was great!!!!
some other time...we must do it again!!!!

=)

btw, tell Jason he's alwiz welcome...mebbe we can train him to start non-stop talking too....:)

Anonymous said...

hey shelby! cool blog.