Saturday, April 15, 2006

Intermediate Saturday

<-my notice board

I'm back in my room.
For some reason, everytime i say, "No i'm not gonna go back for break", i end up going back.
And its not my fault! (Honestly!)

Last weekend i was up in Cameron Highlands, went to visit the RBS staff and just chill (kekeke...).
Getting there was stressful, 6.30am i started walking to Sg. Nibung bus station, cause i wasnt sure if there would be public transport so early in the morning. Bloody hell, i could've slept in longer cause it took me only 1/2 hour to get there and had to wait a whole hour for my 8am bus. I didnt know i was such a fast walker...
The plan was to meet Jon in Tapah, and we take the bus up together.
Anyways, the ticket seller told me the fastest way to Tapah would be to go to Ipoh first, then get another bus to Tapah.

Hah!

When i reached Medan Keeds (horrible public toilets) there was no bus to Tapah. I would first have to take a bus to Kampar, then from there to Tapah and that would be almost 2hours.
In the end i had to change plans and get a bus straight up, and kena marah by the C.S. Travel bus uncle who said "Why you never take from Penang straight?!?! Faster! Why you wan go Tapah? Who said can go Tapah from here?!..scold...scold..." *Shy*

But travelling alone and unprepared is kinda exhilarating. Except for the toilets that is....


"Why you never tell me you're back?"

i hate that question, and i get it ALL the time i come back.
And i dont understand why people even bother asking it? Do you really want the answer?
Am i supposed to send out a mass sms saying, "Hi guys. I'm coming back for a few days, but i most probably wont have time to see you anyway. But i hope you feel glad that i informed you...Shelby."
Sound mean do i? But honestly, what can i do?
Its not that i dont want to meet up with everyone. But i did have my own plans, and limited time...so how?

One of them involved going to Sabak Bernam for the "tombstone placing ceremony" Basically, the feng-shui man came and using his calculations thingamajig, decided which direction my grandpa's tombstone should face, (*eyebrows raised* Right.......) while the family stood round and melted in the blazin hot sun.

Then there was an important birthday on Thursday. Stressful, cause spent many hours worrying and wondering about what to buy...Thank you Squatto and Mr. Beautiful for helping, and slapping some sense into me. Am sorry for making your lives hell... But the fish was bright orange! At the end of the day, what really mattered is that i managed to spend time with him on his birthday, so...yay!

Now i'm back in my hostel. And here's the best part, i'm writing this in my room!
Kekeke, yup- for some reason the Wireless connection is back. Bet is wont last.


Right. Exams starting next week.
Can't believe my first year of uni will soon be over.

*Everytime around Easter i remember LeAnn Rimes song, Ten Thousand Angels Cried. I think it was Obi-Mun that told me about it many years ago.*

Stillness filled the Heavens, on crucifixion day.
Some say it rained, I don't know if it's true.
Well, I can just imagine ten thousand angels crying
That would seem like rain to me and you.

The angels all stood ready to take Him from the tree
They waited for the words from His voice.
And when he asked the father why has thou forsaken me.
They watched the saviour die of his own choice.

I've never seen ten thousand angels cry
But I'm sure they did
As they stood by
And watched the saviour die.

God turned his head away,
He couldn't bear the sight
It must have looked like rain
When ten thousand angels cried.

As the son slipped away
The skies turned to grey
And when Jesus gave his all
That's when the tears began to fall

It must have looked like rain
When ten thousand angels cried.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why none of me postcards on yr board? :-(

Anonymous said...

i remember this one time that shelby went to the cinema and was caught by weng soon. was that one of those time?

queen shelby said...

ur postcards not on my board cause they so boring la...
=p
Send me something more unique then i'll think about it

And no, the getting "caught" by WS time was funny...The cheeky monkey sms'd me from a distance...

Anonymous said...

i remember this one time, at band camp...

actually i remembered an incident at 1-Utama that someone would like to forget! muahahaha!