Saturday, April 01, 2006

Happy April Fool's Day

At last.
The week is coming to an end, woo hoo!
Actually, Friday was the killer day, assignments due and the PKA Farewell Night.
Pretty much didn’t sleep much, finishing up the work. Did the 7page essay from 4am till 8am, slept two hours to be woken by Mathew Thomas (monkey) sounding all chirpy and awake…Gah!

Since the Farewell Night was organised by the 1st years, i had to go there early. Departure time was supposed to be 2.30…actually departed much later-picked up musical instruments and arrived at almost 5pm.

I dunno what it is, but all the functions that I’ve been to or helped run, I’ve never had enough time to get ready, and its always a dash to pakai baju and pan-leng myself (which I don’t really know how to so ends up me looking plain.) I borrowed a lovely black dress, but it was slightly to big for me- bad cause its strapless (!) so ended up being held up by safety pins =p Don’t think anyone realised though…

The actual event…I had many doubts about it, if it would run smoothly or not. Can you imagine, supposed to start at 7pm, we were finishing the deco at 6.30pm and we never had any full run through. I’m the kinda person that gets quite anxious about these things, especially since I was emcee-ing with Chris. Thank God-everything went pretty much as planned. There was a time for sharing given for the leaving students, which was pretty emo. Several people cried, several almost cried, and a few were happy-ish. It was so nice to hear their stories, and words of wisdom. Many of them I don’t know that well personally, but I felt sad knowing they’d no longer be around next semester. To see the bunch that will soon be closing one chapter and going into the next phase in their lives…

Everyone always says your studying years will fly by and it’ll be over before you know it. Yesterday only it kinda REALLY dawned on me. I mean, my 1st year as a USM student will be over in a month’s time! And it feels like only yesterday I was driving up with my parents for my orientation. Must remember to make the most of my time here, that’s for sure.

Oh yeah, today is April Fool’s day…
A year ago I fooled Samuel.
Today, it was Joshua’s turn to kenakan him....
He’s a gullible sucker la =p
And I have no doubt next year he’ll kena again.

Looking forward to tomorrow, Hui Zhi’s coming up to find me…Yay yay, haven’t seen her since….(?)
We have a lot of catching up to do.
I miss those friends that I can just be me with. The understanding is there without having to explain anything.

Yawn. Will blog about the 2 movies i watched today another time lah..Sleep more important.

3 comments:

toPher said...

squat...
you played a not very nice april fool trick on me...*SOb*SoB*...
you're a squat la.. kekeke..
but no worries, i still love you and you still love me too...
muahahaha.....
SQUAT...

Kevin said...

wow shel! haha very true, i didn't know you're on 'safety pins' if not because i read your blog!

I will definitely 'favourite' this. This is very raw, and i love raw stuffs ^_^

queen shelby said...

crap, u found it

raw...
hmm, i dunno, but thanks!
hahaha