Saturday, October 04, 2008

Memorial Songs

You know how we attach memories to particular songs, based on events or people or something you're going through. We do it knowingly, and also subconsciously.

Earlier this year, I reformatted my laptop because it was just way too virus infested. Being a pretty impulsive decision and not having an external hard drive, I managed to burn all my photos onto CD's, but I lost all the music I had.

Strangely, it was a 'good' thing because that meant all the tunes that would trigger not so good memories were gone. On the other hand it was a bad thing because all the tunes that held happy memories were gone too.

This musical drought was further intensified by the break down of my well-used mp3 player, which contained my 'most played' songs. Walks to class and bus rides were less entertaining. Jogging became monotonous.

Anyway, these thoughts were somehow triggered when a friend lent me her ipod and some of the songs she had on it were songs that reminded me of things. Good things, bad things.

Things I had forgotten.

Things I want to forget.

Sounds so deep, but it's not.

Songs are just another form of photographs; a thousand words painted on a melody.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enchanted songs make me think of you

queen shelby said...

I'm reminded of you when I hear classical piano music and bohemian rhapsody

Ika said...

Err,freng,sorry arr the Ipod songs
make you remember certain things that you don't want to.