Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just forget it

I'm going to blog about this, even though I feel I shouldn't but what the hey...

I have a friend, who no matter how I try to tell her she's like this or that, she fails to see what I point out, or understand where I'm coming from, or what I actually mean.

Of course, before saying anything I take a step back and think if I'm right in saying what I'm saying, sometimes run it by others, replay the situation in my head, then only mention it to her.

No matter how I explain or reason, its never a, "Hmmmm, that might be something worth thinking about", there's always a justification, where I'm made out to be talking rubbish, I'm the stubborn one, I'm the one that can't see etc...

Its been the same for many years now, and I realize, hey- I have tried, so c'est la vie.

I'm making the decision to stop futile attempts at flogging a dead horse.

Instead, since nothing is going to change, I'll work on the thing that can, me.

I'll work on not getting affected by what the horse chooses to do. She has a capable brain, and believes its fine to do what she does in the manner which she does it, so I'll have to learn to adapt and accept without comment. Since I've already contributed my multiple 2cents, its not as if she can turn around some day and ask why did I never tell her, so my conscience is clear. I think my 2cents worth can prob buy a meal at Chilli's by now.

If you're reading this, and if I open my mouth to say anything about anything, just remind me of this entry.

That will help me shut up fast because I'll remember I'm just wasting my breath.

2 comments:

Renee Tay said...

hey Shelby! was blog hopping found you blog! good stuff! Hope to see ya soon sweets.

Unknown said...

Hi you!

Hmmm... trying to figure out who you blog jumped from...
Most likely an SAGC person.
So its either David Khoo or a guy with a really big DSLR camera...