Thursday, September 27, 2007

Vagina Dialogues

Notes passed between friends during a lecture:

Sigh. Is it too soon for me to start to feel lonely? It feels too soon, but…Sigh. Life sucks. Respond.


You’re feeling lonely? Aiyo, why la? Maybe it’s time you found a man OR maybe you need SEX! I hear it’s a great cure for many a lonely heart.


Yeah. Think the pangs for a male in my life is creeping in on me. BUT I know its too early and NOT the right time. Plus there’s no one anyway. Yeah- if only things can be casual. Like simply meet some fella and enjoy short term, then part ways happily. Hmmmm… Maybe I do need sex, but that’ll be problematic since I wanna be a virgin bride. But it does sound like a tempting answer. How la, how????????????


We need to discuss this cause I have some similar feelings. Is it pathetic that we need a man to cure our loneliness? Or is it normal? But its nice having a man around. Are you ok or not? Gonna get your period ah?


Yeah, in a few days. I think it’s the same for both genders, as in guys too will feel THIS kind of loneliness. It’s not the same kind as missing hanging out with friends, or not having people around… Its one kind that makes you feel longing. And sad. And etc. Dunno la… Pathetic? Maybe. But Real and Human. Wanna include Michael in this talk?


Ok… But he might think we’re pathetic… You know something? I feel lonely at times too. Having a guy around is a different feeling altogether. You have to experience it in order to understand what we mean. [Eh, better not include Mike. He’ll really think we’re losers.]


I don’t think we’re losers. But at the same time I wanna be the strong, independent woman etc. Yet maybe God made us like this. Ya know, male and female. Like Rashidi said this morning, we all may have a similar internal THING that makes us tick. Sigh. Depressing. No one loves me. No one wants me. I’m unlovable. Woohoo!! <-- Note intercepted by Mike


Don’t talk nonsense la you… Eh, we really need to have a discussion about this la… Btw, I had a drink with the Dr last night (it’s usually a weekly affair). This Saturday might go to Botanical Gardens with him in the evening, then movie and dinner at TGIF. But there’s a story about him too. Will tell you during our discussion.


Yeah…we need to. Must be the Hormones. I’m seriously unbalanced la. Ok, after class we have discussion. You eat and we talk. Sigh. I’m so sad!!! Sorta. Not in a suicidal way, but in THAT loneliness way. But it’s being so weak! I cannot tahan! Hate it. Ambivalence.


It’s definitely the hormones. You’ll feel better after you get your period. I’m meeting someone after class, so we have discussion another time. I really understand that loneliness thing. I’m experiencing it. Sorta. And I’m scared I might give in and do something dumb like get involved in something with someone that will only have a disastrous ending and a ruined friendship. Sigh… Life is too complicated. Wish I was one of those wham-bam-thank-you-maam girls. Life would be SO MUCH easier!


Exactly!!! I totally get the whole ‘give in’ thing. TOTALLY! So scary. Bleh… Stupid hormones. How can they make me this way. So sad. Stupid!!! Weakness of the females. I think I go back and have a good cry. Might help? Get over the feeling. Why can’t it just be happily ever after… Like I said, life sucks.


I felt exactly the same way a few weeks ago before my period. Uneasy. Disturbed. Sad. I did cry in my room- for no reason! So stupid! Dunno if it helped but just wait for period to be over.
You’ll feel better.

7 comments:

a.h.t.i.n. said...

hmm....emo phase at the moment eh? :P u'll get thru it after some time...take care n God bless!

Unknown said...

From one sandy to another. I guess it's no coincidence that sandy rhymes with lonely...hehehe. But yeah...I myself have been through these same sort of feelings many times. In fact a couple of times a year. But take heart that they'll pass in a bit and you'll be back to normal :)

Anonymous said...

Pray. Clear your mind of unfruitful thoughts. Let God guide your thoughts, emotions, and actions. This too shall pass.

queen shelby said...

Emo phase overing-d. It was just one of those days la i guess.

Sandy Su - A couple of times a year only? Thats good. If my reason for feeling the way i feel means i'm gonna feel it 12 times a year. Noooooooo........!

Bob - Thanks. I would NEVER have thought about praying. Good thing you told me.

Anonymous said...

I KNOW! With your mental capacity...you never would have thought of it unless I enlightened you! Captain Obvious saves the day again!

Oh wait...you were being sarcastic right? *rolls eyes*

Seriously though...seeing how appalling the content of that exchange was...it was obviously emo fueled and sometimes it's easy to miss obvious things such as prayer. Don't tell me that prayer is the first thing on your mind wherever you feel this way cuz I just don't quite buy that. (I don't mean to be judgmental.) So sear me with your sarcasm (It hurt ok...*sob*) but it doesn't matter as long as you do what it right in God's eyes.

I shudder at that small glimpse at what goes on in an emo woman's head...

aKidos said...

Shelby... U still dont have bf? Kenapa tak boleh percaya ? Are u fat now till no one wants u ? <-- I am still available :) , and dont mind fat girls .

Haha , anyway i felt the same way too .. It was a little severe , and went for counsellings session and read few books about it .

There are reasons for u to feel that way - the need for u to have an opposite sex companion ( age ; late adolescent - early adulthood )

U wont have that feelings anymore once u started working !

There's another reason for u to feel that way , it's called living in sadness ( its a psychological problem too , where this bunch of ppl are addicted to live in sadness ) . They kinda sabotaj their life sometimes and love to think that they are lonely , sad ,and no one love them bla bla bla ..

I realize , most ppl feel lonely and sad thinking no one love them is not so true .. there are many who loves them its just that they dont get the love/attention from the person they want --> which makes them feel depressed and sad !


so to overcome this problem , just go makan at bakerzin !!! !http://www.bakerzin.com/index.asp

Instant heal !! or u can call me to get frustrated and angry ( increase ur adrenaline and testosterone hormone > u wont feel so emo )

-aLmighty Muharram-

queen shelby said...

Yeah man, Almighty Haram, i'm fat and ugly.

But its nice to know tht you dont mind fat girls, all guys should be like that.