Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Stalemate

I think of you sitting there
Wondering if you even care
Confused and feeling rejected
Accepting what's been neglected

I think of you walking by
Barely stopping to meet my eye
The past seems a long time ago
Perhaps i should just let it go

I think of you laughing out loud
A distinct voice within the crowd
Yet i am not part of the private joke
Realizing you've chosen other folk

I think of you living out your days
Happy in knowing there are no dismays
Healing from the slap in my face
From the distance is my rightful place

I think of your choice and say enough
No longer able to remain tough
I've been through the chasing game before
Too drained, so now i can't anymore

You live your life and i live mine
I know in time we'll both be fine
Following your lead so don't complain
If things aren't ever the same again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you honestly believe one forgets so easily?

He cares. It's probably still awkward.

queen shelby said...

I never said that one forgets easily.

One never forgets. Things come back and haunt you every so often.

Anyways, this poem isn't about the past, its about the present with elements of the past included.

Deep eh...

=/

Anonymous said...

It's so well written. I feel similar sentiment. You have somehow articulated what is in my mind all this while.