Monday, January 23, 2006

TOT Ke-32

1st Day
Went for the opening ceremony, dunno why but there's just something in me that loves these things. Watching the march in, all the mascots...Especially the bang, army from Kedah came had bagpipes ! Very nice to listen too...
Anyways, my 400m event, i was dreading- supposed to be heats at 3.20pm but due to not enough participants, straight away finals at 4.30pm...Groan, all ready and then potong stim.Nevermind, went back to wait and calm nerves.
When the time finally came, about 5pm by then- i was in a couldn't be bothered-nervous-freaked out mood.
For those that's been on the race track, you know how the starting always is.
When you walk to the line, and he says :

Ke-garisan..........(pause that lasts forever).............
.................Se-dia.................
*Bang*

I got 4th place, which is alright i guess...Problem is i feel disappointed, cause i let 3rd place slip outta my hands. Sucks man the feeling, and after the last bend, last 100m or so- i was trying to tell my self to just go on, go! But my legs refused, and could do no more...Sigh. The pain and tiredness set in edi.
Disappointed.
My one consolation is that i lost to: 1. A super darn good, real-Mat Salleh 2.USM team runner
No matter, there was still the next day to "look forward" to.

2nd Day
Woke to a phone call asking me "Shelby where are you??" In my room la...why? "THe GirL is looking for you, said something about the 200meter event" I said, can't be, i'm not running for that- must be a mix up. Moments later The GirL calls and demands to know where i am, and why i'm not in the stadium yet...I'm like, cause my event is much later on..She then goes on to say "Didn't you know about the 200m? (what the-) Its starting soon already, where are you?"
G a h !

Stupid GirL, she really knows how to get under my skin...Since the begining i told her i'm better at short distances, but NO , puts me in 400...then she takes away my 4x100m, Fine...But to call and act like i was supposed to know about another event, that was NEVER told to me, and one i would MUCH have prefered... In the end, since i wasn't ready and it was too late anyway, she says nevermind la, dont be late for your other event.
Only my room mate knows how fed up i was...Suria even asked me to show her who the GirL was thats causing all this nonsense.

Later in the evening, my event was the second last of all events, was just telling myself to get it over and done with. So when discussing which order to run it, i said i'll be last, and out next best runner first. In a way thankfully, because when the race started, and by the time i got the baton, we were in the last position, and the leader was only about 50m behind lapping us.
SIGH

Nevermind, i'm proud of my team girls, since they didnt give up or faint.
i got the baton, and i just ran...

Its so hard to describe what goes on while you're running, and being last place all alone- everything seems dim and blur, the people around and the sounds...I mean, i could hear the cheering but it was as if it were coming from a great distance... The voice in my head and my own thoughts were amplified
Only once i got closer to the girl ahead of me did i dare to even consider overtaking her...
Once i got round the last bend, as dramatic as it may sound, i told myself "I will NOT be last"

From there, i dunno how or where it came from, but i had the strength to overtake her and not lose speed... I have Saujana's cheering squat to thank as well, and whoever else that cheered, cause it makes you feel like, you dowanna fail them.
But i did it, i maintained till the end, i did not get last place...
My legs were jelly after that, and i had to sit a long while before i was alright to walk about.
I was very satisfied, not disappointed.

My teammate said "I'm sorry Shelby"
I semi scolded her back "What sorry ?! Dont be silly, we did it, we finished- half the other teams didn't even join.Be proud of that"
Something to remember hor...


****OH MY GOODNESS- as i was typing that last line a guy came up to me and asked if i saw a watch lying around nearby, he lost his watch...Said sorry i didnt see it- then he asked me where i was from, and my race , and my name ...ARGHhHH! Icky man...Not only that, he went on to ask for my contact number, like, HELLO?!? And i tried to hint to him no way, but he didnt get it...Idiot. In the end i gave him BUT he heard me say 013 so THANKFULLY he got it wrong, and of course i didnt correct him...Please help, what do i do if/when this happens again...
Icky!!!! Not as if he was even decent looking- sleazy cow...Yuck yuck, and i had to shake his hand twice... YUCK*****

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the next time a guy comes up and does this to you, give him this number..0126631683
i kau tim for you...confirm the next day he bow down infront of you. =P

imissw said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hey,

you are just too nice - which may not be a bad thing - but having said that, you gotta be firm, ok! this is really bad. dun ever give yr mobile number to strangers. no means no! trust me - i have been harrased via mobile phone b4 and it can really drive you up the wall!

remember your 1-utama date???? hahaha! well, dun get yrself in such situations and we wont have things like that to laugh about!

just some advice from an ancient dino (as if a dinosaur is not prehistoric enuf but you had to emphasise it by prefixing it with 'ancient').

:-P

p/s - congrats on yr "chariots of fire"-like efforts. proud of you! eric liddle from scotland too!

queen shelby said...

i know i shouldn't give out my hp number, and i suffer for it later, cause when i get a call from an unknown number, i dont pick up...

Gosh, yes- i rmb the 1-utama date, discomfort would be an understatement

Kay, i shall learn to be firm and just say- no, i dont simply give out my number...
Or i'll just give the 0126631683 and let him settle it for me =p

I just thought of the last time it happened, when i was in Form6 on the public bus home- it was an old man summore, SO MeNJiJikkan! He was telling me how he had a daughter my age...blah blah, then when i was getting down, taking out his hp "So, how can i contact you?"
?!?! I just said, "i'll see you on the bus next time la" and bolted outta there...

Anonymous said...

congratulations with your relay run! I'm sure your teammates were proud of you.

about the guys.. you're quite a magnet for such people eh? ;) i think you need to devise a plan to use everytime it happens again. 0126631683 sounds brilliant.