Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Selamat Hari Raya Qurban

Save the cows! Eat chicken!

12 noon
Last night, Suria and I decided to close our curtains, not set any alarms and just get up when out body naturally does…I rarely get this luxury as I have an irritating, consistent internal alarm that’ll get me up no matter what. But got up 2hours earlier than her anyway, read some of the next book I’m supposed to study, The Catcher in the Rye.

Everything’s shut here, due to the public holiday, later gotta walk down to Khaleel, sigh; blazing hot sun- not a cloud in the sky.

In my efforts to try and make my classmates a friendlier bunch, I’m making a name list with our contact numbers to give everyone. Hope they’ll appreciate it, but uni is so different from school. This simple act was once common and natural; but here no one seems to be bothered about anything. Well, there’s less than 40 of us, and these faces will be seen for the next 2+ years…So why not try and be a happy bunch of ELLS-ers? =p

Yesterday evening, first time ever me and my Yee Lye went to use the badminton courts…Kay, firstly never using it before, didn’t know the procedure and the front desk dude not knowing this, barely lifted an eyebrow when we arrived. So I’m like glancing around dunno what to do. Secondly, we had no shuttlecock… Kekeke, I know, what idiot goes without shuttlecocks? So we were scavengers and found a really sad, half naked one to use. The worst thing of the whole game was a guy was in the court next to us, and he was being a moron. “Are you White?” (what the hell?!?) “Amoi, come la- lets play doubles…For fun only, come la! Play la!” Finally he and his bunch left and he was all “Bye, I’m going now…” GAH! Do guys really have no shame ar? Its bloody irritating AND makes me despise that kind…Also, because of them, it then makes me cautious when dealing with guys, cause they just might be the idiotic kind as stated above. But anyways…Sweat like mad, laughed like mad and played bad badminton- Li Yee can be a model for the sport cause when she plays, banyak gaya man, I’ve gotta catch her poses on camera one day…

Later tonight I’ve got a PKA Care Group dinner…I feel bad as I’ve missed several CG meetings, but honestly I don’t see myself as a CG kinda person…I don’t do CG’s, its just not me. Pity the leader, I hope she doesn’t take it personally when I decline outings sometimes, I just couldn’t be bothered. That, and I don’t really know them properly yet, and I’m always weary that CF people are nicey-nicey because they are obliged to be, and I’m obliged to be nicey-nicey back…

OH MY GOSH!
News just in : Khaleel is closed so we have NO food! Okay, out with the maggi mee then..

11.00pm
Argh! i kena con! it wasn't a CG Dinner, it was a full proper meeting! Eeeeeks, with singing and ice breaking and eating and all...
=p I'm terrible
But it wasn't so bad, painted our group's flag for the upcoming Captainball League. Our colours are Red, White and Black- pretty cool.
Will take time for me to get used to it la, the whole CG thing...
And Khaleel did open for the dinner crowd, and boy its crowded.

Joys of joy, i still cant upload the pictures, and i'm in a different cafe this time...
Just my "luck"

2 comments:

imissw said...

eat chicken? but wat about bird flu? still, the other option is mad cow disease. how? go vegetarian...

catcher in the rye? exciting, man!

CG? chicken and egg thing - u dun go cuz u dun know them well yet but u dun know them well cuz u dun go...

then again, me not so regular for mine too. feel so old lah... i am old!!!

queen shelby said...

Catcher in the Rye...
Exciting ?
Hardly the word i'd use, sorry...
He keeps saying goddamn this and goddamn that..
3/4 read, and i dont see where its going = bad book
muahaha