Thursday, August 21, 2008

*Ring Ring*

.
Its been a while since I've been so nervous-excited to talk to someone.

Today when I made the phone call, with each ring my pulse increased, my throat tightened up and my brain was going haywire.

I don't know why I get anxious when I have to make phone calls, very illogical and dumb since the person doesn't even know who the heck I am.

Today, for about 15minutes or so, I got the chance to talk to

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Kenny Sia!















Syiok giler babi!

Obviously I had to control myself and not let any excitement be audible, since it was a work related call.

Getting back to how the whole thing came about- when I found out he was coming on the show, I told my colleague that I read his blog and think he's cool, so she said, "Okay, I'll let you call him then."

Great huh? Yet I put it off for like, two days till it was getting too late. Even then I put it off hour by hour - so stupid right. I'm an idiot. I dunno why I was so nervous. I mean, I do enjoy reading his blog, but I'm not a fan fan.

With much self psyching, I talked myself into making the call and after each ring when there was no answer, I was hoping he wouldn't pick up.
Chicken!

Then I heard it... "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Kenny Sia?"

"Yes, it is..."

And from then on it was alright.

Phew!

Over the phone he confirmed what I have always suspected when reading his blog - he's nice. Obviously I don't know for sure, but he sounded like a decent fellow, and his voice is nothing like I imagined it to be. I shall stop there. *Low Por, shhh...*

Anyhow, if you're sitting at home on a Friday night with nothing to do, turn on the 8tv and catch Latte @ 8, 11pm.
















No, its not the Evening News...

No comments: