Friday, August 29, 2008

Adoi!

It was one of the proudest days for me and many others.

I was fully robed, psyched up and prepared to go.

My course was the FIRST to be called of that session, and since there's only 25 of us, our turn came almost immediately after the ceremony was declared open. That also meant I couldn't observe what the others were doing.

Unfortunately for 3 of us, we didn't know that we were supposed to keep hold of a small name card thingy, and carry it all the way up the the stage stairs. We had left it at our seats.

At the last moment, when the pegawai asked, "Mana kad?" I had a #$@%*! moment, turned and bolted back to my seat to get it.

It wasn't easy fighting the masses going in the opposite direction...

Why these things happen to me I just don't know...





My brother managed to get it all on tape and he was nicely laughing the whole time.

Sadly, Suria and Ing Ling didn't get back in time, dunno why the official wouldn't let them through.

All my 'plans' of walking up there calm and composed - yeah right! I was walking across the stage trying to control my own laughter and make sure I didn't do another boo-boo!

Who says convo is boring...

*woot! my first ever uploaded youtube clip*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha.. It happened to me too! Imagine, I had to walk-run up the stairs and my seat was not even the first row so i had to go in between the rows which was not very wide and then, battle my way through, back to the queue.. Phew, I made it back on time.

T.Wellington said...

Ha..ha.. shelby2 funny lah you. I ask you took the card but not leave the card. Important is you on time get the card and you can show this video to ur children someday : )

queen shelby said...

YY: They should announce it the same time as the 'turn off handphone' announcement. I mean, not everyone can make it for the raptai.

Troy: I know you said that but I thought you meant take the card all the way into the hall, I didn't think all the way to the staircase. Its alright la, funny experience.