Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Oopsie-Daisies!

Tuesday mornings we are supposed to have two classes.
Suzzie's followed by Sally's.
Monday night i got an sms saying class was canceled.
I sent on that sms.

Tuesday morning, i'm told class was on- no one went, the lecturer's pissed and wants to do an investigation.

Sigh.

And so we follow the bread crumb trail, in this case sms line to see who messed up and how.

Lets see if my readers can follow this chain of events:


I sms Samantha telling her "Sally's class tmr is canceled."

Samantha forwarded "Suzzie's class tmr is canceled." to Rachel.

Rachel forwards it on to Ken.

Ken forwards it on to me.

Overjoyed, I check with Ken first about who told him.

He tells me that Suzzie had called Samantha to tell her that class is canceled.

I happily forward the msg on to those who will then spread it to the rest.

No one goes to class.


Next morning, i get a phone call from Samantha asking me who sent me the sms and i told her Ken and she asked him, who told her Rachel, who had gotten the sms from Samantha who had gotten the sms from me.

Spot the problem?

For some reason, Samantha read my sms about Sally's class and thought i meant Suzzie, re-typed it and sent it out.

That is what happened.
Samantha did that it seems, because she says that I'm the one who always gets the two names mixed up and assumed that i had done so in the sms. Well, although i was unaffected with what had happened, i didn't like was the way Samantha was pulling me into the boo-boo she made.

In actual fact it was an honest mistake, with no one to blame.

But of course this isn't a world of cotton candy and teddy bears, and not everyone can admit a mistake.

I'm kinda disappointed, for in the process of digging for the truth, unkind words were said and accusations made. Its always during saddening situations like these that i unearth characteristics hidden within people that i had never seen before.

The 'joke' of it all is, its not really that big a deal. Its just a lecture.
(Unfortunately its the super tempremental, uptight, sensitive, takes-things-personally lecturer that barred a bunch of students a year ago...)

I can only imagine the outcome if it were something bigger.



**To make matters even more confusing, Sally's class which is after Suzzie's class, that was supposed to be canceled, ALSO turned out to be on. This one had nothing to do with us though, as she said during tutorial that class was canceled due to the convocation. Its just one of those day's i guess...**

4 comments:

Christopher Koh said...

OUR COURSE DA' ROCKIN' MAN!!!
;)

Andrew said...

Suzana naik gila again...

Last time, me and my friends wanted to do that. We wanted to go and subscribe an anonymous number and spread the news that her class was postponed.

We scrapped the idea out after realizing that we will be the 'Usual Suspects' after all.

Anonymous said...

i got lost at the second line.

liz09 said...

Sadly, these things do happen... It's interesting how u managed oto piece everything together even tho it wasn't a pretty pic. For myself, to avoid getting miscoms i just "forward" the msg and no re-typing it. Samantha shd have done that or if she thought you got the names mixed up, then she call to double check la... Oh well...