Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mooo-se

Its just swell when your friend goes overseas and brings you back a souvenir. Recently a pal (who for some odd reason didn't wish to be named *shrugs*) , went to Canada for a debating competition.


So anyways, upon his return i was informed he had something for me, and i immediately was hoping for a maple leaf.


And i was right! Check it out:







The smaller print says

"White and Milk Chocolate with creamy centers containing PURE MAPLE SYRUP."

Mmmmmmmmm......

Not only that, i also got a keychain! And i dont mentally think "Oh no, another keychain..." while outwardly smile, cause i like getting them. Adds to my collection, that actually wasn't a collection to begin with, but it became one when i realized i had alot.













Besides the moose that looks as if he's peeping over a shower stall at a moosette while she's bathing, i love the keychain for its extra special fantabulastic wording, and i do not mean Canada...

Woo hoo!














Do you know how RARE it is to find a keychain with my name on it? Long ago I gave up trying to look for my name on the list of green Glow-in-the-Dark keychains, for i know it will never be there- Samantha...Sarah...Shelly...Sue... Bah!


As usual though, i'm always tickled when i see this printed on the back:

















I mean, i know everything now is Made in China, but still. Its hilarious that even a souvenir that means, hey this is specifically from such-a-such a place, is technically not.

I can I imagine the factory workers in China saying:

“Zhuo shen me you zhen me qi guai de ming…??? Siao Bi ? Mat dong dong!”

“Bu zhi dao la… Yang ren jiu shi you zhen me hao xiao de ming...”


*Both shrug and continue work*

(if you dont get it, ask someone that does... Hope the translation i wanted is right though, my interpreter, Annie was a little mad last night.)

So, to anyone who's still overseas (cough *obi mun* cough!) and will be coming back to Malaysia eventually (*ahhhhh-kok-chooooong*), this is the kinda thing i'd like. =)

See how cool my room keys look now, with a gatal moose and an identity!

5 comments:

Jon said...

“Zhuo shen me you zhen me qi guai de ming…??? Siao Bi ? Mat dong dong!”

“Bu zhi dao la… Yang ren jiu shi you zhen me hao xiao de ming...”

Yang ren... Goat people??? *testing my oh-so-hopeless Mandarin*

Rather than the *shurgs and continue working* should have been *chipmunk laugh; rapid heeheeeheeehee* XD

imissw said...

yr pinyin salah oredi liao!

fyi, "shelby" is not on the listed names for souvenirs - mugs, key chains, baubles(!), door signs, etc. They have a fixed list.

too bad, so sad, life's like that!

p/s - give me 70 quid and i'll get u a liverpool jersey with "Shelby" printed on it!

a.h.t.i.n. said...

hmm...i wonder y is the gatal moose associated with shelby...

queen shelby said...

Hmmm...i asked my chinesey friends n they said the "yang ren" can also mean goat people, but has different intonation...So your Chinese is not so hopeless =)

Obi: Eh- mana i tau if its wrong or not...You the expert on pinyin meh? hurmph..
FYI, there is no such fixed list, as my moose keychain clearly proves! *blows raspberry*
70 quid X 7 = rm490.. afraid my PTPTN (government loan) cant afford that.

Justin: Shaddup you Rectangle Tall Squat...Have fun back home! Bring me back some Ipoh specialties.

imissw said...

and how come none of us ever received a penang key chain...? or a USM t-shirt?

;-P