Thursday, June 22, 2006

Morning swim

Why is it when i want to sleep, when the couch is there calling so invitingly- i just cant nap.
Bah.
But its okay, just means i'll sleep even more soundly tonight.

For the first time (i think) i went to the Kelana Jaya public swimming pool, too darn early...Woke up at 8am with only four hours sleep...*$#@%!*

So anyway, after dragging myself outta bed and giving my swimming suit a heart attack that it was actually gonna see the light of day, got to the place. I didnt know it was directly behind the KJ Stadium where my school used to have sports day. Not knowing what to expect, paid the RM3 and followed Josh's lead. The first thing i noticed was- bloody hell, totally exposed to the great ball of fire. Yeah, i know majority are, so this ain't nothing new, but i can always dream for a shaded one right?
After putting our stuff down, we started to strip down to our suits. Now, the one reason why i was okay going in the first place was cause i knew i wouldn't meet anyone that i knew there, thus not worry about friends/non-friends seeing me in my blue suit.

But of course, i haaaaad to bump into someone there. Of all places and times, it had to be at the pool.

Josh:Eh, those guys are looking at us. I think he's from SMDU
-Shel slowly turns head and pretends not to look, sees dude staring straight at her-
Dude: *shouts* Hi Shelby!
Shel: Hi Gene ! (Crap)

Next, i waited until he started swimming to the other end, and with his back turned, i dashed into the pool. The less time outta the water the better. Its not that i didnt wanna see Gene, just didnt want anyone to see me....Kekeke..

I suck at swimming. Of that, i am sure. Many many moons ago my daddy taught me what he called "frog swimming", and for many many moons after that i didnt know that that was breast-stroke. Yes, i LoL at myself. Sure i can keep afloat, but on a technique scale i'm probably a 2.5/10
No matter. I was just glad to be swimming, except for the weird norm of the pool. Basically since its a rectangle, while catching their breath, people just hang around the sides looking at other people swim. Err....

The only thing i totally hate about swimming is i always get sunburnt. My own fault cause didnt put on sunblock, so the back of my neck and shoulders are red and painful.

Oww... =(

10 comments:

Hasten said...

Make a deal with you. Purple Award winner will make you a top breastroker in your kampung before he gets his posting. This one, he expert.

In return, you sit down with him at the DK foyer one day and help him to do some blogthings. Like putting in a chatterbox, blog counter, and links to other blogs. This one, he gong gong.

queen shelby said...

hahahaha...
Dude, haven't you noticed my blog has none of those things either?
Wa pun tak tau
The person to ask is Chris, but he wont want swimming lessons in exchange cause he shy to go i nto the pool wearing the triangle trunks...

And do you know that i do breastroke with my head outta the water all the time?

Anonymous said...

Hi shelby....

Sorry didnt noe u were at the pool too. Next time i see u i wont make a noise ok?

queen shelby said...

Who's that...?
Dont be anonymous...
You were at the pool on Thurdsay morning too?
You can make noise once i'm already in the pool, k... =p

Kevin said...

I do all strokes out of water all the time too^^ except butterfliee...coz that's outta my league..

why? because I dont like wearing gooooooggles....xD

Anonymous said...

Hahahah the anonymous person is me, Gene. Surprise to see me here. lol. Lanci huh that day tak nak cakap dengan saya.Cis.

queen shelby said...

oh! Hahahaha, hi gene! yeah, a bit surprised to see you here

Excuse meee?!? You're equally as lansi as me then o-kay, or worse cause i'm a first timer there (guest) and i'm sure you go there often (host) so you're supposed to talk to me and make me feel welcome there...
Hurmph!

Hasten said...

Aiya, Chris... There's always the boxer-shorts-type swimming trunks. But the thing is, once you start wearing them, you must NEVER switch to triangle-type trunks. Or else... Fish see also scared ah! Hahahaha...

Once you can put your head into the water, you can cut your time by half. Approx.

Anonymous said...

im going tomorow.See you there tomorow. hopefully...

queen shelby said...

SOrry la, my kaki-lang not around to go with me...