Sunday, November 15, 2009

Scottish Fry Up

















1. Smoked sausage
2. Black pudding
3. Grilled tomato
4. Tattie scone
5. Dumpling
6. Fried egg
7. Bacon
8. Link sausage
9. Hash brown
10. Mushrooms

A full blown, true blue 100% Saturday morning fry up, made by my Uncle Alex;




















Looked on by his loving wife my Aunty Ruth.




















Uncle Alex is my brother's mum, and lives a 5 minute walk down the street from where I am staying.

What is black pudding you ask? A type of sausage made by cooking blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled. It is also called blood sausage. Usually pigs or cows blood is used.

Well, I had to be polite...
















...and I must say it wasn't so bad.

Initially I thought it would be like the coagulated pigs blood we get in our kari mee, but its not! Its totally different, doesn't taste like blood at all and honestly if I wasn't told what was in it I couldn't have guessed.

Doesn't mean I will be eating it all the time though.

4 comments:

imissw said...

hehe. i ate the black pudding thingy for the first time in 2006!!!!

must say it tasted interesting!!!! it was after that that i found out wat it really was!!!!! :-P

wyzek said...

u mean uncle alex is ur mum's brother. :)

queen shelby said...

It think cause its mixed in with other stuff, so its not 100% blood that makes it not so bad.

Yz - Oopsy, You're right! =p

kat said...

I LOVE BLACK PUDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ure so lucky!:D and that's some nice scottish fryup... *salivates*