Thursday, November 26, 2009

Baaaaa chee wemm baaa.....

Try and guess what the title refers to.

Got something in mind?

Hold that thought and see if you got it right.

As an early birthday treat, my Aunty Liz got me tickets to watch,
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.














The Lion King!

Its all Oprah's fault. Ages ago when the production first came out, she went to see it and raved about how good it was. Well, ever since then I've hoped it would come to Malaysia but yeah right, how many musicals actually reach our shores...




















The theatre is quite nice, I mean, compared to some of the others around its considered small, but I think it was the right size for the production. If it were too big the audience wouldn't be able to experience, er, certain things.

Well, one thing definitely didn't let me down - the costumes. I had heard they were fantastic, and they exceeded my expectations. Obviously it is a challenge to turn humans into animals, but whoever designed their costumes are geniuses. Some were as simple as body suits, while others looked like engineering works of art!

Can't take pictures inside the theatre, but here are some I got off Google images.



















The opening scene where the sun rises and all the animals come and gather round Pride Rock is absolutely phenomenal!

Only thing I was a little disappointed in was the boy who played young Simba, he wasn't a very good singer. Understandably, he is a young fella so gotta be forgiving. Besides that though, i thoroughly enjoyed myself and loved every minute of it.

Well, I did sneakily take a picture of,










a super happy me and Gran moments before the show started.

I left the theatre smiling with a warm and fuzzy feeling in my heart.

=)


It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life

6 comments:

wyzek said...

you have no idea how jealous i am of u right now. u jz fulfilled my 2 dreams: watching my fave team play at home, and watching a musical live in west end. haih..

Augustinian Successor said...

the circle of life ... the circle of life ... the circle of life ... the circle of life ...

Repeating that is in itself the circle of life ...

queen shelby said...

YZ: Eh, please lar you shaddup! Pretty soon you'll be flying yourself there and watching matches at each stop over (though I dunno why you'd wanna visit such a lousy stadium...hehe) and attending all the musicals.

A.S: You should ask Su to teach you the Song that Never Ends.

Augustinian Successor said...

Song that Never Ends ... hmmm ...

A song that has got endless lyrics? ... ;-/

kat said...

lion king is AWESOME! loved it too.. :) esp the animals! like WOW!

-- J e e L e e -- said...

hahaha...warm and fuzzy without the warm and fuzzy person?? how can that be?????