Saturday, July 26, 2008

Red Box Plus

First time ever, I went to Pavilion. My old school pals wanted to go karaoke, and I assumed we were going to the Curve, but once I got into the car they told me we'd go to Red Box Plus.

The shopping mall opened when I was still in Penang, and since its in the heart of KL I feel so malas to go all the way there for something that can be found nearer by.

Red Box Plus is the 'posh-er' version of all the boxes, and yeah, it is nicer .

I didn't bring my camera, but the room looks almost similar to this one:













And the best thing about it is we had our own attached bathroom! Yup, no more having to navigate around narrow maze like corridors to find the loo, you have your own.

Our package or whatever you call it was inclusive of free flow of soft drinks and a buffet lunch.

Sidetrack. I didn't know we would be having lunch (dang) and since i was hungry, before going in i got myself some donuts, also something i'd not tried before : J.Co , and in my humble opinion, they're pretty much exactly the same as Big Apple donuts. I don't get what's the big hoo-ha all about...

Back to the buffet lunch. Its not too bad actually.















They have the salad stuff, soup, asian stuff, desserts, fruits etc.

The most wonderful thing about the food was, there was LAMB! Oh yum! The first round I didn't see it, wasted. Once i discovered it, that was my main course so to speak. Super tak malu, kept going back for more.

Now to the pricing.










Since i had budgeted for the Curve Red Box, i was kinda afraid of how much this new 'posh' upmarket box would be.

It came to RM27.50 per person for 4hours (11am-3pm). To me its an alright price to pay since I only go karaoke once in a while, and it is quite worth what you get:
4hours - free flow drinks - buffet lunch(LAMB) - own toilet.

Compared to watching a movie on the weekend (RM11) and lunch in the shopping mall (RM10+), its not that much more.
Karaoke is a fun alternative.

H O W E V E R

Beware the parking prices... Not knowing any cheaper place, we parked in Pavilion and for about 7hours it was RM16! Either carpool to the max or find a cheaper parking lot.

Getting out of the KL area also was madness and we were stuck for about 26mins just outside the building, probably because it was rush hour.

I still prefer going to the Curve cause its nearby and cheaper, but once in a pink moon Red Box Plus is okay.

No comments: