Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Money...money...money...

Disappointed by my own assumptions.

Yeah, and to assume only makes an ass out of you and me, or in this case it’s just me and me.

I started work in the middle of the month, and I dunno why I just naturally was under the impression that I would get paid at the end of the month. Yesterday, I went to ask the lady that deals with contract staff (yeah, i'm on contract with zero benefits/epf but thats a different story altogether) what’s the procedure etc, and turns out I’ll only be paid mid next month.

Problem is I had budgeted nicely to last till the end of the month, and then with the wallet stolen incident, now I have no choice but to take from my mom and I absolutely detest having to do that.

It is oh so ppppppeevifying.

Now, no matter what, I have to remind myself it’s not my money I’m spending. And its not that I even want to spend. Most goes to lunch. Problem is my workmates go places that’s RM10 or more for lunch, whereas if I eat downstairs in the cafeteria its RM4. I've done the math :

RM10 x 5 = RM50 per week x 4 = RM 200 per month
RM4 x 5 = RM20 per week x 4 = RM80 per month

It’s a lot of money that can be saved. Just hope in me saying no to lunch they dont take it as me being a snob or something. =(

Here marks the beginning of my job woes. Half a year ago, at GSR, we addressed the issues of money and though I did know it was something that I’d struggle with, it has now become real.

So I guess the best thing to do it sell my soul to work, make lots of money and then die.

Yeah, great plan!

=p

Chances are it'll just be me selling my soul to work, making some money and then i die.

3 comments:

imissw said...

sell your soul to work? nah. you won't do a thing like tat!!!!

btw, where were you last sunday? missed u at church!

Kevin said...

It's been quite a while, but I'm finally seeing you in two weeks.

I feel the exact same way as you feel, except I'm probably better in a sense of which my colleagues will almost always go to the cheapest place possible.

Anyway, there is no car loan, no monthly house rent, and you only walk to work right?

That can't be that bad...

Just persevere, like what Im telling myself everyday now.

Because I think as a fresh graduate, I seriously learned alot during these three months in working life - getting screwed day in day out. But I guess that's life.

I seriously miss you.

Kevin

queen shelby said...

Obi Mun: Hehe, I don't plan to but you never know.
Where was i? Work!

Kevin: Squattttttt! Good to hear you're alive and kicking! I can't wait to meet up during convo, i hope i'll have the time (maybe we can fried broad noodle).

Yeah, maybe I don't have the car loan, but... ask me about it when we meet up.

Missing you too and the comfort of friendship and crazy laughter.