Monday, July 02, 2007

Sweet Dreams

I had my last trip over the weekend.
Me and my TLC kaki finally went for our outing that was more than a month in the waiting.
We wanted to get away from PJ, but we also didn't wanna spent too much time travelling.
So we chose Melaka , Bandar Bersejarah dan Makanan Sedap.

Amazingly, we (Samuel & Weng Li) managed to find a dirt cheap room for the 9 of us to share, at only RM100. All the more to spend on food and trinkets. =)

Basically, we spent most of the time eating and planning on where to eat next.
The Jonker Street night market was great, the atmosphere, the barang-barang... Only problem was it being so super freakin hot, your skin is perpetually sticky. Like gula melaka, mmmmm...

We went to Melaka Gospel Chapel on Sunday morning, where i surprisingly met Fredrick, an old mate who i've not seen RBS. The church is really nice, quaint and full of character. Not only that, we TLCers got a shocker when it was announced that women were allowed to share as well. So far, i've only heard of Brethren churches that allow it, but never actually witnessed it. And for me, when a 60 year old sister stood to share about Elijah, i thought it was so cool. But it was understandable, there weren't many adult males in the congregation.

Our trip was filled with ups and downs. Ups- the laughter, the fun and the joy of just being with people that can all gel together. The downs- Mr. Beautiful scuffing the front of the car with the tyre of a moving lorry, patience being tested with the conceiving directions around town and the abrupt ending of our trip when Ah San fell sick and had to go home.

Overall, it was great. So much to remember and miss.
Its times like these where i wish The Sims was real, and i could just create my own neighbourhood and have all my friends staying around me.


































*

I had a bad dream last night.

It was someone's birthday, and so i went to her house to wish her. When i went in, i was met with the cold stares of her family, a family who i knew and used to laugh with. They glared at me, ignored me and made it obvious that they didn't want me around. I hugged the birthday girl and made my move to go, but she persuaded me to stay for the celebrations which was 3days long. it was a miserable time, as whenever i met her family member, they gave me a look of disgust and wouldn't even talk to me.
I was very sad.
Many of the times i wanted to just leave, but for some reason i could not.

-End of dream-

Although of course there were many crazy dream elements involved, the dream was real. The family was real. The feeling was real.

I woke up this morning feeling sad, and wondering if it could be true.
It's something i'll never know.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, that's my CUTE car... And Yanni ain't that CUTE la.
Anyway, just thought you should let your reading public know that it wasn't during the usual congregational worship that sister were welcome to share etc, but it was like a extended time for worship and sharing among the members. I liked it too. It felt it one of those occasions in church that anyone could just stand up and tell the others about something great which happened to them for them to rejoice and praise God together..

As I said, well done getting the thing together.

Su said...

I was going to say that Josh and myself heard you say someone other than Yanni was CUTE, but you just keep denying it..:P

Anonymous said...

hey, i'm cute la.
But if queen s really did say ---'s cute, i won't be too sad. I'll be happy for the queen.. :)

-- J e e L e e -- said...

Shelby, it is your responsible to admit to what you think you didn't say but really did.

hehe

queen shelby said...

Hey...you all a bit very mengada lor. You must have some space more to be understanding and know that i would never say such a crazy thing.

With great power, comes great responsible.