Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Finger

I'm depressed in a way that only i will know.
I was showing off my manicure today, and the people i was showing said flat out "Eh, your finger is so stumpy..." As i shrugged it off and tried to lightly dismiss it, the comments continued. Ranging from "They look as if they've been soaked in water.....bloated." to "Maybe you should do finger excercises."
There goes my happy feeling of getting a manicure for the 2nd time in my entire life.
I dont get it.
So i have short, stubby fingers.
So what?

Yes, yours will be longer.
Yes, yours will be thinner.
Yes, i cant wear rings because its hard to find one that fits.
Yes, i wish i had your long, slim fingers that are pleasing to the eye.

My grand mother had short stubby fingers, as did my grandfather as do my parents. I really cant help it.

Its hard to be pleasant when your friend pushes all the flesh on his finger to the middle and then says, "Now mine looks like yours."

I have this problem of getting really affected by what close friends say, compared to if an aquaintance said the same thing. Like, if a person i just met commented, i'd not take it so much to heart, but when my kaki say things, i am hurt. And really affected.

So yeah, to whoever that reads this, let me tell you something you may not know so you wont be so SHOCKED when you do notice my hands.
I have short, stubby fingers. Stare at them for a while if you must.

You know how we all have some parts of our body that we dont like? Well, my fingers are one of them.
How do I, myself get over my dislike for them when all the comments i've ever heard about them are negative.

By being thankful for having hands i guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your fingers only LOOK stubby cuz you did a good job growing everywhere else!

Ok..I'm not sure if that's helpful or if that makes you feel better...I never get these things right =D

Anonymous said...

now, i feel really bad for commentting on your fingers a few months ago.. but, i will keep my word though.. i said i will never talk about it again means i will NEVER TALK ABOUT IT AGAIN.. NEVER EVER!!!

love,
wriggly worm

jess said...

i hate my fingers too and when u said what u said when we were pickin rings i actually tot im not the only one! serious when i buy nail polish, i put up my fingers for the girl to see i actually feel crappy, and my nails never grow long either. but hey we're the chicks who don have to comb our hair or have pretty fingers and still rock! yeah roomie ;)