Monday, April 16, 2007

Road rage

**I've been away for a while. My mom came up last Tuesday for a conference and i've been staying with her at CityBay View, enjoying buffet breakfasts, lunches, air con and warm baths...**

Yesterday, i was so so so so angry. And that is bad. (duh)
It's bad cause i was angry over the dumbest of things, seriously, its so dumb.
When i say angry, its a mild word of what i really felt.

What got me so worked up?













Yup, i sorta got lost in Penang.
Not lost, but i didn't take the best route to fetch my mom from the hotel, and i made two big wrong turns that look me in circles, only to end up right where i made the wrong turns.
Why i was so so so SO geram is cause, i was using a map, and its a good map, but Penang has bad road signs.

What i've discovered about the signs here is, there will be a sign pointing out the way, another one...suddenly - no more. And then, just when you need a sign, there'll always be a fork. Always. I dunno why but Penang roads have so many of them. So its a 50/50 chance. Left or Right.
But the Right i took wasn't right.

Bloody hell.

Towards the end i just went back to the roads i knew, screw the map. Also, i knew it'd be alright as long as i kept heading towards Komtar.

I felt so stupid. I felt cheated. I felt i hated Penang.

When i did finally arrive at the hotel, i was in a really foul mood- and i took it out on my mom. Very bad of me. I was in no mood to talk or give opinions or be nice. I'm a terrible person.

Thankfully, it wore off over lunch.

But i do wish i had more control and not allow such dumb, stupid, trivial matters bring out the monster in me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's not just Penang. It's a Msian road signs disease. My parents once got lost for 2 hours (sometimes in hutans) when they detoured en route from S'pore-KL to eat seafood. Road signs also disappeared. I cant remember if they got their seafood at the end cos its not so important i guess..

Anonymous said...

It's ok. Girls can't read maps anyway.

*runs away*

Anonymous said...

i am wholly responsible for all the crap that happened. sorry...

chances are, i will step down soon, so, lets hope that my successor is better than me, aight?

the one and only,
Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon

Anonymous said...

God bless GPS navigation.

Anonymous said...

And no sarky comments from the Queen!

queen shelby said...

Bob: You're SO sexist.. I'll have you know i was with 2 guys that got me lost going to E&O Hotel.
Mr Koh : dont beat yourself up, no need to step down. Just learn from mistakes and fix the darn signboards!

Rudi : PUH-leese!!! Need i remind you of the time we were supposed to go to Bangsar and thanks to following the GPS thingy instead of listening to ME we ended up going to Sungai Buluh... Yeah man, GPS rocks!

Anonymous said...

Ok...take a deep breath...take a moment to unbunch your granny panties...

I was just kidding. I can't believe you went and berated me in person and then come here to make some more fuss about it...haha.