Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Goodbye Snubby

Early this morning, 2am i was sitting at Istimewa with my laptop. I was online looking up stuff for my presentation today.

I got an sms from my brother. All it said was "Snubby just died."

I didnt believe it, and called him straight away. It seems Snubby wasn't feeling well and had trouble breathing, so they took him to the vet. After trying medication and even the use of an oxygen tank, his heart stopped beating.

I guess it was his time; in fact he had an extra 6months from the last time he was dangerously ill.

It was good to know that the day before he was still eating properly and playing with his little orange Nemo soft toy that he had stolen from Titan.

I imagine that he was happy.

I got Snubby for my birthday when i turned 12, and he just couldn't stick around long enough for me to turn 22.

Snubby was 9 and a half years old. Thats about 66 in human years.

I know not everyone are animal lovers, but Snub was so, so special. He was one of a kind, and he was a member of our family. He was my good friend.

He knew when i was happy, and came to me when i was sad. He welcomed me home everyday. He does weird things that are so him.

Now he's gone and i'm not even there to say goodbye.

I am so very sad. But the tears dont help.

I miss him already.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

:(

He was a horny 'ol git, but so lovable.

RIP.

Jon said...

I know what it feels like. It's a tragedy at home when our dogs pass on too. Just a shame that you couldn't be home. I think Snubby has lived a long, full life.

Poor Lil' Dog too...

-- J e e L e e -- said...

:(

Sorry to hear that Shel!!

You loved Snubby so much. It was the one thing that was special about going to your home - to see Snubby and Lil'Dog playing around and with you! Can't imagine going to your home without Snubby around.

:(

I guess, it's better that he's gone rather than suffer for don't know how long.

Still, bleah.

Unknown said...

Hey, all dogs go to Heaven, remember? He's in a good place. Of course, he's been in one all his life as well..

Anonymous said...

Condolences. Lovely eulogy. Now I'm all sad too - I feel your pain.

queen shelby said...

Thanks ya'll...

Its still very sad for the Ng's. My dad sent me an sms this morning:

Little Dog misses Snubby like all of us. He seems lost without Snubby's leadership. I want to take him for walk but he hides under the piano bench.I know he loves walks.He always goes to the gate to wait.He has not barked since Snubby died. He started eating this morning, he is sad.

=(

This part is the hardest. Adjusting to the change of having someone you love gone from your life.
The small things that suddenly are not there anymore.
Wanting for it to not have happened.

Anonymous said...

sori to hear of snubby's passing. also feel sad for u as i know all too well when my max died after 14yrs. cried for two days, sept 19 some 4yrs back. yea, i too believe we will see our faithful loving four legged friends in heaven. God made them too... till then, bye snubby, tho i never knew u but u look such a cutie.

Andrew said...

sorry to hear that. bye bye snubby.

Anonymous said...

Aww.. Shelby.. My deepest condolences.. *hugs*