Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Isn't Christmas...

My bag's 3/4 packed, and i'm almost ready to go...I've still not got my ticket (tsk...tsk..) but called up Konsortium Bus Ekspress and the impatient lady said there's still alot of tickets for the 7.30am bus. So i'm trying my luck tmr morning... I dowanna go back!!!
Kayla, this is the side thats been having such tremendous fun the past few weeks at home, and i know once i'm back in Penang i'll be alright- busy with all the registration and getting my room back in order (Gosh-i hope my stuff's alright)
Back to my boisterous roommate and the sucky hostel food.

Yesterday Christmas was good.
Morning worship was meaningful, and as usual, you suddenly see the hall filled with people that come only those few times a year...Doesn't matter, at least they come. I sat in my usual spot near the P.A. and halfway through Su let out a girly squeal cause he nearly/did drop something and everyone turned to stare...kekeke...Its always like that- the poor PA guys will get the evil eye from folkes if the mike's not working or they make a sound during worship. Actually not all evil eye la- most have a curious amused face (like me)
Had to leave straight after to go makan with my family, we always eat Christmas lunch together and we went for buffet at the Sunway Hotel. It was great...Its rare that my family is all together, and all together happily without outside influences. We ate SO much! Thinking back now, i know i couldn't have fit even a tiny pea into my mouth or my tummy would explode...!

Ordered watermelon juice, and when the waiter brought it it slipped outta his hand as he was putting it on the table and splashed everywhere...Lucky it missed me & Andrea, sloshed all over the table. I totally knew how the waiter dude felt cause that's happened to me before, when working at Tucker Box- but worse. It was hot chocolate that i spilt, lucky the customer was quick and managed to dodge it. AND he was such a nice man, he didnt scold or look pissed...He was telling me 'Its okay, no worries...' I was about to burst into tears okay...

Spent the rest of the evening at home, chilling with the family, opening prezzies...I got a fantastic gift from them, but its something that i dont think i deserve, really dont deserve it...And I feel as if i dont really need it, althought its gonna be a great help to me.
I'm gonna miss my family (Snubby and LD included) Geram la, wanna stay...but as i usually tell others that the grass is not always greener on the other side. If i was in UM, i'd be moaning about how i cant get away from everything, if i was in UKM i'd be nearer to home but complaining there's nothing to do...In USM i complain when its time to head back there...Like i said, it'd be fine once i actually get started and the cycle starts again, but at the moment its so bleh! Being in a relationship seems to make it just that lil-bit-worse. I remember once what he said: Its hard when you wanna do things with your best friend, but your best friend is not around.
Sad

Well, TLC's Christmas celebration was wonderful- the choir sounded really good, and the piece itself was the right one to choose...Congrats Adrene! Many lovely songs,i want a copy! And this year there was a part where the lil kids came to sing, and you could see camera flashes as the parents went wild clicking, probably grinning ear to ear at their son/daughter.. =) But the kids were adorable, and got a loud clap from us. It doesn't matter what they actually sound like or if they get it all wrong- there's the awwwwww......so cuteeee factor that takes over. Eugene's solo sounded great, like some pop-star, his voice is heartmelting (a Jee Lee word) Overall, another great performance!

After that went out (minus a feverish-headachedWeng Yan) in Joshua's no petrol Kembara. I tell you, deciding where to go and makan is more difficult than figuring out the Trinity... Ended up going round in circles with RM10 petrol until the inevitable choice of Williams was made. But before that we were surprised when the song We Are The Reason came on the radio- we screamed our heads off okay...(Y.San called home and said "Dad, People Need the Lord is on the radio!" kekeke,Ah San, oh Ah San... =p ) i've NEVER heard the more obvious Christian songs on the radio before, just play the secular carols and stuff... Check out the story we came up with for the DJ: that he was this Christian dude- all alone in the station cause everyone else was on leave, and he sacrificed his holiday so he could stay and play these songs...So noble! Thanks Mr. DJ !

After, i zoomed over (within speed limit) to find Stoop
Nice ending to the day- comfort, warmth, contentment...

Gosh, long post...Who cares-its my last one from home.

Mom's making dinner for me now, i'm going to kay-po.
=)

*Yes, we sang Christmas Isn't Christmas last night...a song TLC is sure to sing every year, and if its not- something just seems wrong*

Christmas isn't Christmas
'Til it happens in your heart.
Somewhere deep inside you
Is where Christmas really starts.
So give your heart to Jesus
You'll discover when you do
That it's Christmas,
Really Christmas for you.

Jesus brings you warmth like a winter fire
A light like a candle's glow.
He's waiting now to come inside
As he did so long ago.
Jesus brings gifts of truth and light
And makes them bloom and grow.
So welcome Him with a song of joy
And when He comes, you'll know...

That Christmas isn't Christmas
'Til it happens in your heart
Somewhere deep inside you
Is where Christmas really starts.

So give your heart to Jesus.
You'll discover when you do
That it's Christmas, really Christmas
Christmas, really Christmas
Christmas, really Christmas for you.

No comments: