Friday, April 08, 2005

Skies



Today i had dinner out on the roadside, havent done it in some time as its been raining most evenings... This evening, was lovely...the air around was cool, the "wet/rain" feeling had gone, and my fav. the sky was lovely...a beautiful blend of blues and purples and pinks,with touches of the suns last rays shining here and there...Ever since i was younger, around sunset i'd jump up n sit on my wall , and watch the sky change as the sun went down. From my limited view, i couldnt see directly the perfect circle dissapear,but the sky was good enough for me. So if you ever see me looking up at something,dont be surprised if its just the sky . I mentioned to my friend how i'd love to paint my room like the sky at sunset. But i think,personally I'd never be satisfied with it. It would never be the right colour, right hue , right feeling... Much like how i feel about life in general. Right now, i'm not feeling "Brady-bunch happy", actually kinda down. And its so weird cause few hours ago i was having a blast playing pool n foosball with my friends! Like the sky, how its mood changes so quickly. Like life, you expect things...weather forecast for "sunny skies" or "Rainy thunder clouds" but in the end, there's never 100% certainty in it. A sunny sky day can end with rain clouds, and a cloudy day usually stays that way, while a bright morning shower may just give you the refreshening jolt that you need. Its not easy being a sky... Bright,ppl grumble say hot, Dark- people grumble say gloomy, Normal-people grumble say boring, and when its Fantastic - people dont care. The Sky is taken for granted. Like everything else, we neglect it, harm it, ignore it, until the worst happens, then we moan and ask "why didnt we do something sooner?!?" For me, i think the world is on its way to hell. But thats another topic altogether. But whenever i can, i will look at the sky..ppl have laughed at me, but i dont care. Whenever i rmb, i take a minute to just see the glory ,beauty and the perfection of the sky.Its my reminder of how small i am,tiny in the world and yet,like each puff of cloud or ray of sunlight, contributes and comes together to make the painting of God saying good night to the world...We're always told to stop,take a step back to look at the big picture, but there's one already there for us to see, and all we gotta do is just look up
.

1 comment:

toPher said...

yo woman..
Great writing...u really shud do langauge..
i know lar your poem dam powderful not as great as you lar..tsk tsk...
nways.. keep it up gal!!