Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Second Xmas

Its always wonderful to receive something in the post.

Its even more special to get something when you're away from home!




















Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Was trying to figure out who it was from based on the handwriting, but eventually I just looked at the return address...


My darling Nerds
















Had a great time unwrapping each gift, laughing at some of them and puzzled by others.



















Yep, a strange collection of gifts. What does it say about me...

For those who don't know, I (shamefully) admit that I:
1. like leopard print (but not as much as the former Miss Singapore of course) and

2. love reading the super crappy/cheesy/cliche/soppy/unrealistic/lame/romantic/predictable rubbish Mills & Boon books.

It all began when I read my first copy, 7 years ago. The cafe where I was waitressing had a whole bookshelf of them and while waiting for the lunch rush, I'd pass the time reading.

Then there was a good 5years of no M&B. Simply because I could never part with RM15 for such trash... =p

Unfortunately in uni I met someone who also shared my passion for M&B, and she had a source she'd borrow from each week. Alas, I was sucked into it again, and worse! She told me of a place where I could buy them second had for Rm2.50...! RM2.50 I say!
The only not so ideal thing was the RM2.50 copies were published in the 60's and 70', so it wasn't as current as I'd like it to be.

I get really excited if while reading there is mention of handphones, computers and stuff like that, means I found a more 'current' copy.

Gah! I'm getting carried away by books my mum once told me were for middle aged spinsters...

Where was I anyway?

Oh yeah, just thinking about how lucky (blessed) I am to have good friends who know me well.




ps: Kevin, shut up your face!

No comments: