Sunday, January 10, 2010

1999-2009

(I wrote this really, really late one night a week ago and its all over the place)

It seems wrong that someone my age can say 10 years went by in a flash. Since when did ten years become 'flashable'?

"Not too long ago" I was a fourteen year old school girl, running back and forth between my class and the one next door (whenever the teacher was out) so I could be with my best friend, wishing i was placed in her class. That was the year of Star Wars 1, and all feared the world would come to a stop because of Y2K.

I can never realise how old music is, so I decided to stop and think about the songs that I would have listened to during the past 10 years of my life.

2000
Britney Spears - Oops!... I Did It Again
Corrs - Breathless
Robbie Williams - Rock DJ
LeAnn Rimes Can't Fight The Moonlight
- Introduction to contact lenses. One of my favourite years in school, PMR? Pftttt! Who cares...


2001
Limp Bizkit - Rollin'
Geri Halliwell - It's Raining Men
Christina A, Lil' Kim, Mya & Pink - Lady Marmalade
Afroman - Because I Got High
- Honestly can't remember anything specific for this year. Hmmm.... Decided I didn't like Chemistry? (the subject) By then it was too late, I was shingz-ed. =p


2002
Las Ketchup - The Ketchup Song
Christina Aguilera - Dirrty
Eminem - Lose Yourself
Nelly - Hot In Here
- First boyfriend, which coincidentally coincided with the year I lost all common sense. You know when people ask if you could turn back time and change something in your past? That would be the thing I would 100% do over.


2003
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life
Beyonce - Crazy In Love
Black Eyed Peas - Where Is The Love
OutKast - Hey Ya!
- My culture shock of being in boy's school with Boys School Boys and Girls School Girls. Only a Co-ed'er would understand.


2004
3 Doors Down - Here Without You
Maroon 5 - This Love
Hoobastank - The Reason
Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway
- Great times with my batch of Upper 6'ers... Then the Lower Sixers came in and all hell broke loose. Blame it on the attitude of the girls school girls and the stupidity of boys. Will never forget the song Wonderful Tonight. Ever. Unfortunately. (Though it was very sweet...)


2005
James Blunt - You're Beautiful
Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Lifehouse - You and Me
Gavin DeGraw - I Don't Want to Be
- Posted to USM, Penang. Made a hopeful decision. Met the best roommate and had the most fun a local uni student could have. Attended a church that made me feel so at home.


2006
Nelly Furtado - Maneater
Justin Timberlake - Sexyback
Daniel Powter - Bad Day
Rascal Flatts - What Hurts the Most
- An emotionally challenging year, with a crappy ending. I was cliché personified. I hate being a cliché. Also the year my grandfather died.


2007
Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
Rihanna - Umbrella
Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
Colbie Caillat - Bubbly"
- A really bad first quarter. I changed; a result of cause and effect. Couldn't be bothered with a lot of things and people. Lost something about me that I've not got back yet. RIP Snubby and Little Dog.


2008
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Low - Flo Rida
Crush - David Archuleta
Love Story - Taylor Swift
- The end of 3 wonderful years in Penang and the start of my working life. Sorta. Not the 9-5 desk job in formal wear that i was expecting.


2009
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
Michael Buble - Just Haven't Met You Yet
Susan Boyle - I Dreamed A Dream
- A good year, felt really good about myself. Decided to go for it and booked my flight to the UK. Figured, what the hell- I'm young with no commitments, if not now then when?

I'm happy with life right now.
(Besides a sorta major decision I'll have to make very soon; but its nothing to do with a guy so I should be alright!)


Thanks, God.

4 comments:

VulcanSpock said...

Major decision? Migrating overseas? Good if it is. Seriously. Leave this crazy country behind and fine a place where you can flourish. :-)

queen shelby said...

Oh, nononono!

I wouldn't migrate...

But your guess is close, might blog about it soon.

Augustinian Successor said...

Not coming back to Life Chapel? ...

;-/

ZeHuei said...

10 years just flew by so fast.

any idea how is our ex tuition teacher doing? the one living 2 doors down from ur house