Wednesday, April 08, 2009

AI

Over the past 3years i have not been able to follow American Idol. Reason being in local uni, the majority will be hooked on AF not AI. Take a walk down to the cafe or mamak on a Saturday night and everyone's glued to "menuju puncak, gemilang cahaya..."

The seasons where Taylor Hicks, Jordin Sparks and David Cook were the winners, I was totally out of it. Except of course when David Archuleta sang Imagine.

Now that I'm home I've been able to follow Season 8. I didn't know they had such a big stage now, Randy has lost weight and I don't like the new jugde Kara.

Last night the contestants chose songs from "The Year You Were Born".

Its fun cause you don't really know when a song was released, and since most of the contestants are born in the 80's the songs are from the same time I was born.

One of the songs that stood out for me was by the youngest contestant, Allison, who sang Bonnie Raitt's I Can't Make You Love Me.

This song I first heard back in 2005, and will now forever be to me the song that best summarizes the word IRONY.

Still its a good song, which holds much truth in its lyrics.

And its perfect for days where you just wanna wallow.


No comments: