Saturday, March 22, 2008

I have decided

It's happening tomorrow. Everything has been finalized and there's no turning back. Not that i want to turn back.

I was told to wait till i was 21 before making my decision, a request that i respected and had no problem obeying.
My 21st birthday came and went and i didn't give it any thought.

Few months ago, i started to really think about it and it was burdening me for ages. I had my quiet contemplations and musings, debating within me.
It wasn't till i voiced my thoughts to my close friend, that i realized we were struggling through the same issue.
Then we both took the step of informing someone older and wiser, who soon set the wheels in motion to get us ready for what we needed to face.

Its amazing how now it's the eve, i still grapple with some things. Although I've been corrected of my skewed perceptions, the old nagging fear is there.

I'm excited and scared. Happy and upset.

But, i know that it's time.

6 comments:

aKidos said...

are u getting a tatoo ?

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing baptism!

Su said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
Am so happy for you 2! :)
*Hugz*

Anonymous said...

decided to become an arsenal fan??

Unknown said...

He deserves your heart, service and devotion Shelby. Press on sister. :)

PS: Sounds subliminal enough? HEHE
I guess the truth shall be revealed in your next post.

Alan

-- J e e L e e -- said...

Haha. The reason for asking so many times wasn't because it wasn't obvious but because it was such happy news that I wanted the news to come out from both of you. But yeah, CONGRATULATIONS and I'm happy for both of you!!!! :)

I'm very glad and happy to hear of the news! :)