Sunday, September 26, 2010

Filipino Frennnn

While I was at Compass, I made friends with people from all over the world. There was another Asian girl working there as well, Mel from the Philippines and I we clicked, probably because of our shared cultural background.

When different staff come and go, we always say stuff like, "Oh yeah, I'd love to go visit you Germany/Canada/Australia/South Africa..." but chances are it ain't gonna happen. Which was why, a month after leaving Compass I got the exciting news that Mel was going to make a stopover in Malaysia on her way back to Scotland. Woot woot!

The challenge was, what can I cram into 3d3n without making it too rushed a trip. Also, I was determined that Mel must try as many local dishes as possible.

Thurs : Evening arrival
Night - Banana leaf rice

Fri : Batu Caves, KLCC and Petalilng Street
Breakfast - Nasi Lemak
Lunch - Eggy Fried rice
Random - Rotiboy's Rotibun
Dinner - Petaling Street Beef Ball Noodles

Sat : Road Trip to Melaka
Breakfast - Char siew pau/assorted yau char quai type stuff
Lunch - Melaka Chicken rice balls
Random - Popiah, mua chee, durian cendol, Melaka layered-cake
Dinner - Chinese dishes: lala, toufu, pork ribs, kai lan, fried sotong
Supper - Fruit rojak

Sun : Noon departure
Breakfast - Roti telur and teh tarik

As I scan the list, I think we managed to try lots of different food BUT there is still so much left uneaten! Bah kut teh, dim sum, satay, Indian rojak, kuey teow....and the list goes on. Which is why the next time she's in South East Asia, she said she'll try to come over for a longer visit and try more of the food.

Malaysia Truly Asiaaaaaa...




No comments: