Thursday, October 29, 2009

Air Asia X

So how was my 14 hour Air Asia flight from LCCT KL to Stansted London you ask?






















Surprisingly, it was a lot better than i had prepared myself for it to be.


I entered the plane from the front, which was a mistake cause i passed by all the XL seats which were very spacious. Got me wondering (for the millionth time) what my seats would be like.

Was alright, the seats are 2-4-2 and thankfully I was next to the window. As the plane filled up i was hoping either no one would sit next to me, OR it would be a really hot guy. I think i got the better of the two, as no one came so i claimed both seats for myself.

















This is what the middle rows look like. Didn't realize at the time but guy in blue shirt was cute.





















Now the most important thing, space.

From the edge of my seat, to the seat in front of me there is 36cm. I think its alright, as most of the tall forrigners looked comfy enough.

The pic below is me sitting straight and there's enough room to stretch out if i wanted to.

















The only disappointing thing is the meal. Mega-super-duper let down.

For RM36, this is what you get:





















And inside - rubbery and tastless spinich something lasagne.

Which was served too early for me, at 5ish.

Wasn't even that warm, hurmph.

















Followed by sad pasta and chicken, dried up peas and so-so mini carrots.

Not sure when it was, probably around 8hours into the flight?

















Its the only thing I have to complain about. I'm SURE they can come up with better meals.

Overall, it was a good flight for me because I managed to sleep at least 10hours.
Probably because I wore myself out before I left; packing, sorting, meeting, going. Leaving things and people is tiring!

I would say go ahead and use Air Asia X.

You dont get a blanket or a pillow or free flowing drinks, but you get to save quite a bit.

Unless you find another airline that offers a return trip for less than RM1700.

No comments: