Wednesday, July 01, 2009

SCKLM 2oO9

"Make sure you show up this time!"

I did!

With much fear and worry because my 'training' consisted of super irregular 5km jogs around my house.

My target was - dont exceed 3hours.

When i got to the finish line the clock read 2hours 52minutes, yipee!

Then once the online results were up, my time was actually:












2:43:36 ?

For a while I couldn't figure out how it could be; its the actual time from when I passed the Starting line till I crossed the Finish line - woot woot for timing chips!

The run itself was quite enjoyable. How often do you get to run around the major roads in KL, blocked off just for you? Thanks to the blocks, most of the terrain was flat (halelujah!) and the weather was lovely, cloudy-ish weak sun so no heat strokes anywhere.

Also thank goodness for the millions of water stations located in so many places around the city. The last half marathon I did only had 3 stations I think, but this one - wah!

Another difference this time round, thanks to a bday gift from some buddies- an mp3 armband which was big enough for my entertainment/motivation device, car key, drivers license, RM10 and disgusting tasting Power Gel. All in a teeny arm pouch that matched the blue theme of my outfit. Such a relief to not carry anything while running.

For a half marathon, the worst point is definitely the 15km marker. Its when you've gone so far but still, there's quite a bit to go. There but not there yet.
Suckily my left calve cramped up with 5km to go, after walking it of I got back to a super slow jog. With 3km to go, my right calve betrayed me, cramp. So annoying.

Even more teruk was the final turn, where you know Dataran Merdeka is just around the corner. Naturally you tell yourself, "Ok, final bit, c'mon now!" and push yourself, only to find out they detour you up another road with a [2km to go] sign laughing in your face. Horror!

When I finally crossed the finish line, I was happy, tired, but overall glad I signed up for it. And didn't FFK. =p

We forgot to set a meeting point so Team Miracle Mile couldn't locate each other.

After hanging about for a while, I finally hobbled my way back to my car all the way in Lake Gardens.




















Next run - 11km Adidas King of the Road, 2nd August

According to Cikgu Hooi, I should aim for a sub-80.

11km?

Sap sap sooi la....

;)

1 comment:

Hasten said...

Ha! You say wan ah! You say already! Haaaaa...