Monday, July 06, 2009

Red Eye

Me: G'afternoon doctor, my eye has been hurting all weekend.

Dr: Ok, lemme take a look... Mmmm. Mmm-hmm, mmm-hmm... You've got conjunctivitis.

Me: What?!? CONJUNCTIVITIS? Really? How?

Dr: Oh, maybe from someone else, or just the environment.

Me: [panic] So what does it mean?

Dr: On nothing, I'll give you eye drops and some cream, and write you an MC. It should clear up in a few days.

Me: Oh. Ok... [yesssssss!!! 2days MC!]

Now to the dumb blonde part. I've never had conjunctivitis before, but the word sounds so serious so when the Dr told me i had it, kinda scared me for a moment. I always assumed conjunctivitis was when your eye is in a very bad state, an infection that need operation or something. I didn't know it was also known as red/pink eye. Cheh.

One of the effects of this terrible condition is the inability get off the couch and go to the kitchen to get stuff to snack on.

=)

No comments: