Saturday, February 14, 2009

Couple Mania

Was working today, went into the office for a while.

After that, I walked past KPMG/IBM tower, into One World Hotel, up the stairs, past the lobby along the corridor till I reached the heavy doors that lead to One Utama.

As soon as I passed those doors, i was HIT by the wave of COUPLES that were EVERYWHERE!

Duh- I knew what day it was but I didn't expect it to be a tsunami of Couples.

Normal Saturdays would have a decent mixture of families, groups of friends, individuals and couples. Today, suddenly families ceased to exist and groups or individuals were few and far between.

I don't know how to put it into words, but even the amount of couples wouldn't have been so bad except for the fact that the couples were being overly coupley and affectionate. Extra doses of hand holding, hugging and mushy-ness. Blek!

Walking alone from the Old Wing to the New Wing GSC to buy tickets (yes, crazy but I did manage to get tix) was irritating. The couples seemed to be very "In your face, you Singlet". Later I found out that one of my friends couldn't take it so he went to MPH to escape the glances and nervousness.

No, I have nothing against Valentines Day.

Its nice to be able to spend the day with your loved one, but there's no need to go over the top. Especially in public. The sun will still set, and the 15th of Feb will come. Life goes on and you'll be wishing didn't waste so much money on overpriced flowers/chocolates/soft toys/couples set meals.

But that just me.

=p


2 comments:

imissw said...

i thought a singlet is this:-

http://www.sneaksngear.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/nike-pinnacle-race-day-singlet.jpg

emperor c said...

i have never celebrated V day. still managed without it!