Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gazelle 365 - Part 1

This is a Gazelle,
















Not to be confused with,















Anyway, recently I've been introduced to another kind of Gazelle which looks like this,










*Ahhhhhhhhhhh!*

This new running shoe which Adidas gave birth to is specifically designed for Women (or men with feminine feet) and the first thing that caught my eye was the colour.

It is blue. It is very blue.

And the first thing the Adidas rep told me was, "Don't be distracted by the colour!"

I wasn't... really!

The second thing about this shoe is it is VERY light.

Gazelle's have to be light so that they can prance around cutely for leisure, as well as sprint to avoid being ripped to pieces by lions.

I like light shoes because when I run, already I'm carrying my own bulky weight, the last thing I want is to be dragged down my my own shoes.










The material used has two purposes - to keep the shoe light and to let feet breathe.

The shoes are covered in honeycomb shaped holes and a holey inner mesh, holey insole, holey sole... Basically if I looked through the shoe, I can see you on the other side. Sounds weird but its good because it provides ventilation everywhere.









Instead of just calling it holes, Adidas has a patented name for it, ClimaCool®

Which to me;
1. Lets my foot and others breathe too cause feet wont be so smelly. (very important)
2. Can use it in all weathers, cause it will dry fast. (good cause been rainy lately)
3. Foot will not overheat. (like a car engine, even feet need cooling down)

Don't get me wrong, just cause it's light doesn't mean its 'weak'. When I used them, besides the comfort (I tried another pair but that pair felt like a clingy girlfriend) its steady and solid.














Did you know that feet have different, er, levels - flat feet, normal arch, high arch.

Thanks to Mr. Krishnan pinching and poking my foot, the conclusion is that I have a higher than normal arch. This means I need shoes where the middle part of the sole can support the arch of my foot.

My Gazelle's have a TORSION SYSTEM® , a lightweight arch support that allows the front and back of my foot to move freely, and gives better surface adaptation and stability.
I must do more research on this because I usually pick shoes based on 2 things - budget and look. Fancy-shmancy stuff like this is beyond me, and its quite scary when I need an engineer to make me understand my running shoes.

Runners usually suffer painful feet and knees because of the impact when foot hits the ground. This shoe has adiPRENE®, a shock-absorbing material that provides extra protection from harmful impact forces with additional cushioning.

Well, to be honest I can't fully tell yet because they still give me the new shoes feeling, and I'm breaking them in. In time I should be able to better tell if my feet and knees are treated better, especially since I run on the roads, not a proper running track so this feature is of great importance if I still want to have strong knees when I'm 58.

More on how the adiSTUFF helps my runs soon.

Oh yeah, most importantly - this particular pair is called
Gazelle 365
,
because it can be used all year round,

and it wont wear out.

4 comments:

Hasten said...

364 only lah.
It wasn't available on the 18th of January? :P Hahaha...

Unknown said...

Eh...
I said the SHOES are 365 days a year, not the person wearing the shoes.

Unknown said...

So now you've got a pair of holey Adidas shoes as well? Nice...

Just be careful to avoid the puddles, eh?

queen shelby said...

Leo - The man told me the holes are there ESPECIALLY so that it dries fast when used in wet weather.

These are not traveling shoes.

=p