Saturday, January 17, 2009

Evasive

  1. tending or seeking to evade; not straightforward; tricky; equivocal
  2. hard to catch, grasp, etc.; elusive

We all are at some point. We all have our reasons.

But isn't it oh so irritating when a friend is being evasive with you, over non-'life threatening' matters?
(inspired by recent evasions, plural)

There are many levels of it. I have friends who are just like that, who will not (for goodness knows what reason) answer simple questions -

Me: Where you going?
C: Out.
Me: For lunch isit?
C: Yeah.
Me: Who you going with?
C: Friends

... and so on, which is why once I figure out they are that kind, I just don't bother anymore. Its very tiring to have to pry simple things like the above, out of such people.

Then there are those that are not like that so it becomes even more obvious when they're dodging something -

Me: Eh? Did you use my computer?
P: Hmmm? Mmmmm... Yeah.
Me: Why'd you use my computer?
P: I logged you out of your email account.
Me: Huh? Why on earth would you do that?
P: Because you weren't around so I thought I'd help you do it...
Me: But you've never done it before, and my com is always left logged in.
P: Welllll, I just wanted to la. Why you asking so many questions? I cannot help you isit?

... so I left it at that, knowing obviously my friend is not being straight with me and was hiding something.

Which is why its funny that in the past few days, after asking Q something, its been near impossible to get an answer. Where once we had no problem chatting online, suddenly whenever I chat, it so happens that Q has to go out/busy/never replies/away. Okay, internet method didn't work, so I sent an sms. Q has always replied my sms's. This time though - Nada.
Unusual.

Its okay if you don't wanna answer my question, but at least just tell me so directly.

Don't try and dodge, dodge, dodge.

Very funny la you.

=p


PS: This is meant for you but not only you but other you's out there...

PPS: And I'm sure you see the irony if you have read this whole post, but are too busy to reply me... *wink* I'm just teasing. Hehehe...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not dodging. And I told you I that there are somethings I rather not say now. But, I REALLY was very busy the few times you tried to get me.

You know I'd talk to you about it sooner or later rite? :)

Hasten said...

Dodge here, dodge there... also still must return the timing chip!

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who's also a dodger. And like you said, tis very tiring to pry, especially when she stopped short of giving the details, hanging me in the middle of the unknown. She said that one will divulge when one wishes to, and I've learnt, though always not willingly, to accept her propensity to keep things for herself until she sees the need to talk it over. No wonder someone once said (can't remember who) that 'I'll rather deal with machine than man'. I guess he's right, coz machines give feedback, whether it is running smoothly or in the event of a break down, while humans.. well, let's just say we are real tough nuts to crack.