Saturday, September 06, 2008

No oysters for me please

.
Recently, several different people have asked me the same question- "Any possibility of you being open to dating/a relationship/romance?"

My answer - Urgh, no.

I do not want a relationship anytime soon, no desire for one at all and no intentions of being 'open' to the idea. Quite the opposite. I am happy as I am now.

I have mentioned this several times before yet, for some reason people find it hard to understand what I mean when I say this. Don't know why- its a simple concept. Not rocket science. Can get quite annoying actually.

This is how i explained it to a friend:


Its like eating oysters. One day you eat and get really bad food poisoning. After that you have no desire or 'want' to eat oysters. You roughly can agak-agak when you'll eat it again, but you know for certain that it's not anytime soon.

=)

Its an unusual analogy yet, I think understandable. I just don't want; not interested. *shrugs*
My girlfriends can accept my opinion easier than my guy friends.

Ahhhh, I know - Its like how I have absolutely no desire to want to smoke a cigarette.
If I said that it makes more sense, yes?

Another reason (if people can't accept how I feel) is I just began working and want to concentrate on my career. Can? Acceptable reason?

As long as I know that I don't want a relationship, thats how long it'll be. Some day I'll be open to the idea, but I know its not anytime soon.

Spread the word.



I'll only make exceptions for :












*By the way, I don't eat oysters*

**If you are one of the culprits constantly asking me to 'consider', I hope you get the picture!**

3 comments:

imissw said...

wait - so u used to smoke ciggies but due to a bad experience, u dun anymore - but u roughly know when u will start smoking again????

:-P

take yr time, mate. still young! when God knows u r ready, yr darcy will will come.

queen shelby said...

Argh, noooo!

Its not about taking time or not taking time, being ready or not being ready it.is.simply.merely.only. about - saya tak mau!

At this point, I'm not concerned/worried if a Darcy will come or not, cause I'm not interested in having a Darcy in my life. (and here's a lil secret, Darcy doesn't exist)

The Oyster story is to describe the scenario, and the ciggie example is to describe my feelings right now.

Tra-la-la-la-la!

Life's good

Anonymous said...

I would date johnny depp at the drop of a hat!