Sunday, September 28, 2008

Love is in the air

.
A couple, a proposal and a wedding dinner.

6 different people, 3 different scenes.

This Sunday, Cupid was really busy.

The couple
"EH,What about Ashley?"
I could clearly remember asking that question, and could also remember the answer. A classic story of boy meets girl and sparks fly, eventually. I was surprised, not that they were dating, but by the unobvious obvious suddenness of it all.

The two wanted to keep it quiet at first, and people should respect that. A shame that the few who knew made it SO obvious that several of us in the dark worked it out by what those around them were saying.

I'm glad that the initiator decided to take the step and go for it! As discussed about 2months ago, Ashley was actually a perfect match for his criteria. It was just a matter of time.

Its nice to know that these two individuals are now enjoying the buzz of new romance - heart beating a little faster, the thrill when you are in his/her presence, talking for hours...


The Proposal
*Sms* Breaking News: L has proposed to T and she accepted!
Whoa. Didn't see that one coming. I mean, obviously it was coming, just a matter of time. This is one of the unique scenarios where I did not immediately 'jump for joy' at the news, which is unusual.
Lets say L was the Hulk, meaning he has an alter ego, then upon hearing the news:
I'm happy for the Hulk, but not happy for L.

Sounds so bad but its my true feeling. This is the next step in the inevitability of L being gone forever, and the Hulk taking his place.
Someone told me its like a worm changing into a butterfly, but we both agreed that the analogy was way wrong, its more like a tadpole turned into a frog.

The Wedding Dinner
Few months ago, via Friendster of all things, I got an invitation to an old school mates wedding. We weren't THAT close, but for old times sake, I decided I'd go, just for her. Thankfully another friend was going so I wasn't alone.
Since I was just there for her, I was looking forward to talking to the bride, but ended up disappointed because she didn't speak to me. Not that she couldn't or was too busy, she just - didn't.

The mild agony came when I was seated at a table of girls, (all made up, hair done, dresses - me tiny bit of make up and jeans) I hadn't seen them in 5years, since the last day of Form 5!!! It was nice seeing familiar faces and all but. . . There's a reason why we didn't hang out in school. Halfway through the dinner, they start talking about who's going to get married next. Urgh!
"You been dating for 3 years already right...? Oh, you how long? Five years ar? You're next la!"

I was thinking OMG, help me.

The thing I didn't like was when I was asked,

WK: When will you get married?
Me: Er, well first I need to actually have someone ya know? I dont have a boyfriend.
WK: [sympathetic face] Oh. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find someone. [in a 'kesian' voice]
Me: [bengang but act cool] Haha, I'm not worried - its no big deal to me.
WK: [still with voice and face I wanna punch] Don't worry, don't worry - someone will come along... Enjoy your single life. [patronizingly]
Me: [@#%!&*] Yes...I am!


I cannot believe at the tender age of 22++ I have people MY OWN AGE giving me this kind of crap.

And I went through it TWICE that night.

All for the bride that ended up saying four words to me,

'Thank you for coming.'



With so much LOVE over the weekend, I think its timely for me to promote:




















Its a collection of sketches pertaining to the themes of love, courtship, marriage and family relationships. A mix of comedy and drama, highlighting issues pertaining to relationships. There's innocence, idealism, joy, humour, reassurance, hope, regret, heartbreak, sorrow, and more – everything that comes with that "crazy little thing called love"!

The Footstool Players will be performing at my church, The Life Chapel 12 October 2008, 6pm.

For more info, you can check out their site here.

Whatever your status in life, you are most welcome to come and watch it.

No comments: