Friday, June 06, 2008

Puke

I did a girl thing yesterday.

The thing were girls contradict themselves by saying one thing but wanting another.

Here's the rough scenario:

I was having tea at the Ms. Read cafe with 2 guy friends and halfway through my stomach began to feel bad. I 'tahan'd for about half n hour, but it got worse, and i finally blurted out "I feel sick, I think I need to vomit. I'm going to the toilet." I got up, left the cafe and I'll spare you the details, but all my milkshake and some of my chicken rice lunch ended up in the toilet bowl.

When i got back to the table and sat down, they asked me if i really puked, and i said yes I did, but I'm alright now. I feel better. I'm okay.

What I said was true, and I didn't want to be fussed over, but . . .

Neither of them suggested that we left. After joking that i was bulimic, the conversation continued, when all along i really wanted to go home and lie down.

So internally (not stomach) I was feeling annoyed and frustrated that they just went on as per normal, not reading between the lines.

Dumb girl.

No comments: