Saturday, February 09, 2008

Clean Slate

Ahhhhh......I can breathe again.
My suffering is over.

For about a month now, well- several months actually, my laptop has been dying a slow death. It had cancer and everything was shutting down, yet i was in denial. Hoping it'd get better by updating my anti-virus and regularly scanning the com. Right.

It became super unbearable when my dvd's had problem playing and it would be tersekat-sekat "he-chek-llo-chek-i-chek-am-chek-bet-chek-ty-chek-suar-chek-rez-chek..." Can die..! But i suffered it and opted to read the subtitles instead. Some friends said its impossible for a virus to affect the hardware, so i went and spent RM12 on a dvd laser lense cleaner and guess what, it didn't solve the problem.

With my computer hopelessness, i knew i had to either send it to the shop or see if any of my pals could help out. Thank goodness for friends... =)

I figured, just reformat and start from scratch. CNY first day i burnt my photos onto a total of 9 cd's and said bye-bye to everything else. Why didn't i save my stuff on an external hard drive or dvd, you ask? Cause i dont have an external hard drive or dvd burner, simple. In a way it was a huge relief to lose all my stuff cause my lappy was probably bogged down with unimportant files anyway. Only thing that saddens me is the loss of all my music, cause i had quite alot. But oh well...I kept my Mark Schultz so isorait.

Thank you Joseph L. and Brother Su! My IT guru's- ohmmm...ohmmm.....ohmmm...

Now i just gotta make sure NO freakin virus comes and attacks my clean baby and puts me through such nonsense again.

AVG, i depend on thee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiyo since u using lappie, why not just transfer the important files to ur friends com ?

Anyway long live shelby's laptop !!!
(try installing spyware remover, they are the main reason for computers to lag )


-great muharram-

queen shelby said...

Cause there was no one there with laptops ler... I was at my grandma's house doing it on the first day of CNY.

I'll get an external hard drive lah. Eventually. Next pc fair. If i remember.

Andrew said...

http://www.a123.com/games/7736/I_Love_My_Computer