Thursday, November 08, 2007

A gift

On Monday, I typed out something to be uploaded the next time I went online. It was about me feeling obsolete. Yup, like cassette tapes. About me understanding that I no longer have any purpose in certain lives, and accepting the Nature of it. Basically, it was a semi-depressing entry.

Then on Tuesday, I was taken by surprised when i was suddenly given a very early birthday present from a good friend. He insisted i open it there and then, my protests of wanting to wait fell on deaf ears, and when i opened the prettily wrapped gift, i was so touched by the thoughtful present inside.
I loved it.











I was so touched for several reasons, but i think mostly it was the thoughtfulness of it all.
My friend didn't know, but it came at a time where i needed 'it'. It made me feel like i had drank several bottles of butterbeer, or a mug of warm Milo on a rainy day.

So thank you Mr. Shut-Up-Your-Face, for the Gift you gave to a Normal Mama, that you didn't even know you were giving.

No comments: