Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Whats in a name

I cant quite believe it. 7954 days after i'm born, just when i think i'm too old to be given soft toys... I got a soft toy.


Meet *-----* (hasn't got a name yet)


















First reaction was oh my gosh, so cuuuuuuuuute! The fella is made outta the new in thing to replace beanie babies, softer beanies bits, so its really comfortable and squishy.

i have always, absolutely 100% detested it when i get soft toys as gifts. I mean, i dont see the point for them anymore. You dont expect a 20year old to still be playing with toys. If i put them on my bed, they'll fall off somewhere in the middle of the night, and in the morning i've gotta pick up all the suicidal dolls. If i mempamerkan them on a shelf they just end up getting covered in dust, get yucky and i'll feel bad for neglecting them. I think i started disliking soft toys as gifts when i was about...10? 11? Somewhere there la.

Hmmm, now that i think about it, back in primary school, no one gave soft toys as gifts. I always got nice, cool things things like pencil boxes, notebook, stationary sets, games... Only in secondary school, with the discovery of Memory Lane and Lovely Lace did the trend of getting small fluffy things take off. I never knew exactly what's the best reaction to give- if i show my true feelings, it'll hurt the nice person who took the trouble of giving me something. If i act too happy and excited, others might think "ohh, she seems to love getting soft toys. Now i know what to get her next time." =/

When i was a young wee lass, i had a doll named Suzanna. She was my best friend, and i'd seriously do all the things the movies show little girls doing with their doll- tea parties la, play dress up la, share secrets la... =) I had a little push-chair for her, and everyday i'd walk up and down my street, pushing along Suzanna. Yeah, i used to treat her like a real human. Currently she's stuffed into a cupboard with some other toys i cant bring myself to part with.


Now i have him-











Dunno why, but he looks male to me. Suria says his shape reminds her of a cockroach.

Oh yeah...

*Sidetracked* Monday night, there was a bloody cockroach in our room. When Suria opened her top cupboard doors, she screamed, slammed them shut and jumped off the chair to the other side of the room. I knew what that meant. Both armed with sprays we hunted down the roach and sprayed about half a can onto it. The worst thing is it was a flying one! Again, our screams and shrieks had no result, no one came to our rescue. We've concluded that if ever a rapist comes in, we're better off jumping out our window than expecting help.

Anyways, he's supposed to be my guard dog and remind me of what i've got to do. Having a reason behind a soft toy is what makes it valuable.


**Bloody Robbie Williams canceled his Asian tour citing health concerns. So who's gonna reimburse my mom of the so called non-refundable tickets? Huh?!?! i'm so pissed **

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAH LIAO EH.
Do you guys actually COUNT all those numbers for dates la, and what-not? Hehe. So much free time ah?

Cute thing! XD

Anonymous said...

I always knew you were queer...

If you treat Suzanna like a real human and yet stuff her into a cupboard...maybe I shouldn't visit you when I'm in KL. *worried look*

Your doggy looks like a peeled pisang emas. Or a Twiggie. I suppose his pose makes you think it's male cuz frankly I can't imagine a girl striking that pose. Unless you care to demonstrate. And your doggy needs to diet.

PS: Boo to Robbie Williams.

Anonymous said...

Shelby & Suzanna,
hah...

Robbie is probably afraid of the bomb threat incident in Thailand..no?

Anonymous said...

What the heck with Robbie Williams! He caused Take That to disband.

Thumbs down to Robbie.

Anonymous said...

wee = young.

Claim yourself to be half scottish? =) When shall we start lesson again? Hope all is well with your uni work and exams.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll get you a teensy 'lil penguin or something for Christmas. And with me you can show your true feelings!

Concert tickets are "non-refundable" in the event you cancel or cannot make the show. But when the organisers cancel it, they are absolutely sure-as-hell-if-not-crucify-them refundable.

Anonymous said...

Wee = small OR young.

Anonymous said...

addy: count what numbers for what date? i dont getcha...

Yeah, Bum Bum- wee means small...

Rudi-pooh:Weee! You're gonna get me a baby penguin? Sure i'll show u my true feelings... =) You gimme a lil guin, and i'll give u a can of beans.

I'm so annoyed cause my mom was REALLY looking forward to it, since months ago. The last time same thing happened to- we bought tickets for Riverdance and last minute she couldnt ake it.I hate Robbie Williams.

a.h.t.i.n. said...

call the doggy siew keong...

Anonymous said...

Justin wins. I'm with him on that one. So much better than wong choi although it's more realistic.

queen shelby said...

ehhhhhhhh...not fair la.

WHat is siew keong and wong choi

wa emm chai!

Andrew said...

How can you treat Suzanna like that?!?!? Didn't you watched Toy Story 2? Toys have feelings you know!??!? FEELINGS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Shelby is like the tin man from the wizard of Oz...something particular missing. I'm more like the scarecrow myself..hehe.

Anonymous said...

Now I get it, Shelby. You and Suzanna remind me of Mr Bean and Teddy.

Not sure if he's stuffed Teddy into the cupboard or not.

* Muahahahaha *

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have the exact same soft toy as you which my friend gave me. It is lying there on my bed, occasionally I will hug or squeeze its face but most of the time I think I squash it during my sleep..haha. Havnt thought of a name though..
Cat