Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Calling all sad songs....

Woo hoo!
I've finally managed to get Nick Lachey's What's Left of Me.
Downloaded it from some site www.4shared.com (what kind grammar are that?!) I dont know if its a safe site, but- i got what i wanted.

I don't care if some people think the whole split with Jessica Simpson was fake or a ploy to make suckers like me fall for this song- i think the song is real. As in, i truly believe that they were seperated, and Nick was actually very hurt by the whole ordeal. Just cause many celebs dont give two hoots about marriage/divorce, doesn't mean they're all like that.

Oh! i can hear the pain in his voice.
The suffering.
Agony.
=)

Some other wonderfully depressing songs i've been listening to and recommend are:


  • Gabrielle - Out of Reach
  • Rascal Flatts - What Hurts The Most
  • Glenn Fredly - Januari
  • Ungu - Demi Waktu
  • Dewa - Pupus
  • Carrie Underwood - Starts With Goodbye
  • 3 Doors Down - Here Without You
  • Sheila On 7 - Berhenti Berharap

Can really get me in the emo mood if i feel like it.
No, i'm not in some emotionally unbalanced state at the moment, i just cant post what i'd like to without the pictures from Cheryl (who said she'd send them to me, but that was on Saturday and i've not got them yet....)
=/

Any other super sad songs you suggest i listen to?


*yucks...this entry seems like Obi Mun's one when he went through his phase*

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

still going thru the "phase"... just b4 reading this post, i created a new playlist on me youTube account. Yup, it was entitled "There'll be sad songs".

*sigh* everyone wants to be like me...

;-P

Anonymous said...

Am currently listening to "The Blower's Daughter" by Damien Rice.

Anonymous said...

I got heaps but I'm afraid that you'd go and kill yeself.

I could give you happy music though. Happy bluesy stuff. Heard of Corinne Bailey Rae? Could burn you a copy.

queen shelby said...

i dowan happy music la...that i have.

Its like, if you had a craving for tau-fu-fah and i gave you keropok lekor, tak puas right?

=)

Anonymous said...

into my arms - nick cave
walk away - ben harper
guess i'm doing fine - beck
everybody's gotta learn sometimes - beck
the promise - tracy chapman
wreck of the day - anna nalick

i could go on but i've been accused of being sorrowful

allow yourself to enjoy the misery but remember, ice cream is the universal answer

Anonymous said...

Sheila On 7 - Berhenti Berharap
I like this one, I often listen to it.

Check out these:
Dewa - Aku Cinta Kau dan Dia
Rihana - Unfaithfull
Anything regarding James Blunt or Coldplay

Sissy Clown

Anonymous said...

ella fitzgerald - blue moon
eskimo joe - how does it feel
garbage - drive you home
katie melua - learning the blues
billie holiday - everytime we say goodbye
john legend - ordinary people
kd lang - the valley
luz casal - un ano de amor
zutons - confusion

Andrew said...

Vertical horizon - the best i ever had. SUPER SAD!!!

Anonymous said...

Okayy as promised, i will leave a comment.

Sad songs?I listen to songs that screams and curses alot..

Anyway, try Greenday - Wake me up when September ends. The vid is kinda sad.

Semisonic - Closing time. (as for some, it is sad)

Eve 6 - here's to the night (also, as for some, it is a sad song)

The Dandy Warhols - Sleep. (the beat is kinda slow, puts you in a depress mood)

Any Avril's song.

Some ideas by Eliza, she said The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice, as mentioned by Anonymous.

Any Aqualung's song.

Nada Surf - If you leave.

Arcade Fire - Crown of love.

Air Supply - All out of love.

Stars - One more night.

Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah.

Rachael Yamagata - The reason why.

Nilsson - Without you.

Muse - Falling away with you.

Michelle Branch - Goodbye to you.

Keane - Bedshapped.

Jewel - Break Me, Standing Still.
- You were meant for me.

Hootie and the blowfish - Goodbye.

Delta Goodrem - Not me, not i.

David Ford - I don't care what you call me.

Damien Rice - Cannonball.


* Most of the songs mentioned are courtesy of Eliza. I don't do sad songs.

If you can't stop crying, don't blame me. If you don't like the songs mentioned, don't blame me too.

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

oh, michelle branch's goodbye to you!!! excellent suggestion! but u must listen to the live version which was shown on Buffy!

as for jewel, u have to listen to "absence of fear" in her Spirit album.

Anonymous said...

in response to the comment left on me blog - DUH!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Shelby - check out adelynne.multiply.com under the Photos section for some of the photos I took during our hike :) Using Sadat's camera ;)

Sad songs... so many lah. I can't remember the saddest song I've ever heard, but there are tons, as you probably already know.

Cheer up, girl.
Addy

Anonymous said...

You could try this few that I've got:

How Could An Angel Break My Heart - Toni Braxton

Without You - Mariah Carey

Behind These Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson

The other songs I have are either 'happy song' (if you would have it that way) and the rest are contemporary Christian music :)