Monday, June 27, 2005

Worst Wedding Dinner Ever

Last night I was stuck for bout 3 hours at my cousin's wedding dinner, somewhere in Klang.
It was horrible. As soon as we walked into the restaurant I sensed an impending doom.
There were boys walking around selling keropok, and another dude selling lottery tickets. Goodness me...
And we couldn't even hear ourselves think. About 50-ish tables, in a small place, there was NO room to walk at all.
Everyone talking at the top of their lungs. I found it rude, even when the bride n groom came in they didn't stop. But then something even worse happened.

They opened the floor for karaoke.
And this place had speakers all over, turned up to a level beyond Macaulay Culkin's in Black or White. Oh My Goodness.
Lets just say Simon Cowell would have a great time had he been present. It wasn't just that everyone was really bad, it was cause they were shouting into the mikes, and so it was just horrible noise.
Ish. Enough, the memory alone is making me cringe.

In the morning, yes we three were called up on stage. SO memalukan...
The elders started off by calling us the Three Musketeers that are going off to USM.
That's ok, bearable.
Then the elder didn't know who Li Yee was, and made a very wrong comment.
And lastly, for some bizarre reason, he said something like - lucky they're not going to Singapore, or else they'd marry Singaporeans and never come back...
I mean, where did THAT come from?!?! To make matters just a little bit worse, this Sunday, of ALL Sundays, we had 4 visitors that came up from Singapore... So I bet now they're gonna go back, thinking M'sians always kutuk and make jokes outta S'pore.

Urgh, and yes, I saw Mun Onn, Shaun, the whole back row near the PA, laughing their heads off... Ish! Just u wait la, one day you all will get it too. Even you Obi-Mun, I think I'd be willing to come down from Penang JUST to see you squirm. In your gray shirt.

After the service whole bunch of well-wishers came over, saying goodbye-congrats-good luck...etc. I was touched.
People I didn't think knew me, or that have never spoken to me before, came over with kind words.
Gahhhh! I'm gonna miss Life Chapel like crazy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

was he aware that there were singaporeans around?!

you will definitely enjoy your uni days! take care you...

Anonymous said...

Be sure to enjoy ur uni days. Work hard n play hard 2!! It will definitely b the best days in ur entire life... until u reach retirement (mayb la).

Anonymous said...

we'll miss u guys too.

sniff... :-(

Su said...

You cannot threaten me. I've been through it all!

Anonymous said...

haha.... i stumbled on this thanks to yueen san who was using my com and this was in the links...but i digress...

well...wanted to say good luck for USM since i did't get to see you before u left? ^_^ god bless!!!

ps: i think life chapel will miss you too