Sunday, August 02, 2009

Who will be Joseph?

I am hooked on BBCE's reality competition called:












Its a fantastic competition to look for the next lead actor for the West End musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice.
I've never watched the musical before, nor listened to its songs but after following this program I think I want to.

The show started off with mass auditions, and then cut down to 12, each performing weekly and the audience has to vote for them. The lowest 2 will have to go through a sing off, and Andrew Lloyd Webber himself will decide who is eliminated. Stress...

An added bonus is the fact that I can watch talented guys with fabulous voices, singing their hearts out. *swoon* And because its for a musical, its very different from American Idol where they are looking for a pop star. This show is looking for an actor, singer, dancer - the whole package.

Actually, the show aired in 2007 (ages ago!) but I'm using all my self control to stop myself from looking up the winner. I want to cheer on my favourite, Keith, hoping he has a chance to be the next Joseph. (Though I don't think he will win, I suspect Lee will walk away the next Joseph)

*I think I generally enjoy British shows more than American shows, but Astro's BBCE is quite limited...*

2 comments:

imissw said...

aiyo... this is ancient la!!!! the search ended so long ago and ... *ahem* has been performing in London!

but i shall be nice and not tell u.

p/s - actually, i dun remember who! i remember who won the 'Maria' role for the Sound of Music, tho!

queen shelby said...

Yeah, its more than 2years old...

SHhhhhhhhhhhh! Dont even hint to me ok..
I wanna try not knowing right up till the end.