Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wham!

Just found out some sad news, my friend's mom passed away.
The news comes as a shock, because it was an unexpected heart problem thing.

Hearing things like this always leaves me confused. Of course the initial feeling is sadness, followed by a somber moment where all the nonsense of life suddenly seems so insignificant. For the seconds where the news sinks in, images flash through my head- of my friend, meeting her mom, going to her house...Memories that i have of her.

For a short while, the things that matter are made clear and i know how dumb i am about alot of other things.

And then moments later everything becomes cloudy again and you realize nothing's changed.

1 comment:

VulcanSpock said...

Ain't life as such? I guess it's human nature that we behave like that, always looking first at ourselves. Yet, tough as it is, we are asked to transcend our human nature, look a little less inside, look a little more outside, no? :)