Saturday, December 29, 2007

Friendster vs Facebook?

Way back when i was in sekolah menengah, i heard of a new word - Friendster.
This was what my pal told me "Its a popularity thing. You add people into your account and others see how many friends you got..."

So, my inital thoughts of it was *roll eye*, such a stupoid thing. However, i later discovered that that wasn't its actual purpose. Its more of a networking thing, and a way to find old friends etc. Eventually, i signed up.











I'm not a faithful user, signing in sometimes only once a month.

I think one of its greatest functions is the Status part - everyone's eyes automatically flick up to that little bit of information. Lets everyone know, and keeps me sorta updated so i dont say the wrong things to distant friends, "So how's Peter?" "We broke up." "Oh." *silence*
Most used is, i think, It's complicated - Isn't it always?

Now, there's a new word circulating: Facebook. I'm wondering, how is it very different from Friendster if its all your friends, and you upload pics and send messages... A YWS was trying to convince me that its way better and the new 'in' thing.

Hmmm...












Few things that make me hesitant,

1. Once i go back to campus, i'm not online as often and so i'll be quite lost each time i log on wont i?

2. Friendster is a local uni thing, practically all pelajar Universiti have a Friendster account, and no-one 'plays' Facebook.

3. Dont wanna sign up just for the sake of signing up, is it really as wonderful as people make it out to be, or will it be dead within the next few months.

4. I dont like the term - Play Facebook...
"Do you play Facebook?" Man...Sounds so cheesy.









So how?

4 comments:

aKidos said...

Shelby fast join Facebook !!! I'm the most eligible single there ... :)

Face book consist many open source games , which is good when u have nothing better to do !!

The photo sharing are better then friendster . Cos it links automatically with all ur friends ... Go try urself !!!

Unknown said...

michaelwilliam has facebook..gosssssh :p

imissw said...

NOBODY says "Do you play Facebook?"!!!!!!

(YWS doesn't count)

Try it out and then decide.

-- J e e L e e -- said...

I think it's the wengs.

As far as I know, i've only heard "Do you play facebook?" from the wengs.

haha